Votes: 1 0.6%
  • More!

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Less!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lena

I question all things.
I'm reading a lot of different things on how long leopard gecko eggs take to hatch.. Some sites say as little as 30 days, others 15 weeks!

From your experience, generally how long do your eggs take to hatch?

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Well, it depends on the incubation temperature! At 80-81 degrees, it could take around 56-60 days. At 89-90 degrees, it could take around 36-45 days.

malt_geckos

Don't Say It's Impossible
I didn't vote because it all depends on the incubation temp like Marcia said. Last season we actually had males hatching at 89 degrees within 32 days. It was kindof strange but I think it all depends on the eggs and when the hatchlings decide to come out. lol.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
So far this season, I'm incubating at around 83 degrees. My eggs have hatched on day 48, 49, 45, and 50.

Khrysty

I'm incubating at 82/83 degrees. Can anyone give me an estimate as to when the eggs might hatch? They were just laid last Thursday.

Landen

LSReptiles
last year I hatched females at 82 degrees around 45-50 days, and a few of them I incubated for male at 89 degrees for about 35-45 days.
This year though I set up two seperate incubators, one will run constant at 89-90 degrees the whole season. The is set at 82 and after 15 days I'll increase until it matches the 89-90 and move the eggs to the hotter incubator. Reset the temp to 82 on the first one and start the next round of eggs. Is there anyone that has done this with two incubators and has had an average date they hatch around? Otherwise I'll let you know at the end of this season.

robin

nobody has used the tremper method for high color females?

sure people have used it (me personally no) i think it is sorta deceptive because you are increasing the color of the animal by temps not by its actual genetics. if you want high color animals buy higher colored animals and cross those to high colored animals.

also you are going to be having eggs constantly. not everyone is going to lay on the same date, so you will need more than two incubators to do this.

Herp_junky

I'm incubating at 86-87 and with my first clutch the first hatch was 42 days and the second at day 45.

EDIT: my second clutch hatched the other day,both eggs on day 42 of incubation.

Last edited:

Visit our friends