poop and tail

leopardgeckonewbie

hello all! its been a while since ive posted but yea. so basically i havent held my gecko in a little while, i have been getting lazy but i still give him attention ofc. a few weeks back i noticed something was wrong with his tail, and found out that some of his stuck shed was cutting bloodflow there, is that painful? how do i fix it? i tried putting a glass lid on from my fish tank and spraying his tank a lot once per day for 3 days but that did nothing. it started off with just a little brown spot at the end of his tail and is now what it is in the picture. also, he loves to poop on me. i read online that they do this bc they know they will be put back in their tank, where they r comfortable. idk what my little guy wants he saw me and pawed at the glass so i took him out and he poops on me 10 mins later. should i be holding him? i just want him to be happy but idk what he wants other than the basic stuff

edit
i forgot to mention that pooping on me isnt uncommon he lets me hold him for 10 mins then poops on me or my bed, but i have watched videos of ppl holding leopard geckos and i have watched my cousin do it and i know for a fact that when he does it i m not doing anything wrong with handling him i m very delicate and gentle

Attachments

• 298A167D-DF57-4636-8324-32B63FF09776.jpeg
    298A167D-DF57-4636-8324-32B63FF09776.jpeg
    966.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 5A4DFFEA-605A-49EE-BDC9-3AF86FA7425B.png
    5A4DFFEA-605A-49EE-BDC9-3AF86FA7425B.png
    4 MB · Views: 4

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some geckos just seem to like to poop on their owners! You're not doing anything wrong. There isn't anything you can do at this point about the tail. It may have been due to stuck shed or it may have gotten caught somewhere. It's likely that it will get drier and then it will come off but the tip will regenerate and it will look fine, maybe just a little less pointy than it used to. It that continues to get worse, you'll need to take the gecko to a reptile vet.

Aliza

leopardgeckonewbie

Some geckos just seem to like to poop on their owners! You're not doing anything wrong. There isn't anything you can do at this point about the tail. It may have been due to stuck shed or it may have gotten caught somewhere. It's likely that it will get drier and then it will come off but the tip will regenerate and it will look fine, maybe just a little less pointy than it used to. It that continues to get worse, you'll need to take the gecko to a reptile vet.

Aliza
thanks so much i wanted to make sure all is good with him haha

Visit our friends