possibly getting an African fat-tail gecko!

Star1

I found one on craigslist but it's about an hour away so we have to find a time that works for both of us. $30 for the gecko or $50 with the enclosure which seems like a pretty good deal. It's too young to sex yet. Shortly after getting my first leo I got interested in these guys too, but haven't been able to find one I like for what I want to pay.

Caleb C

Normal babies from local breeders usually go for $30. Since I believe you already have crickets, they shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Most will only eat crickets and dubias. Any pics?

Star1

I don't have crickets, I breed mealworms and dubias.
I'm picking him/her up tomorrow after work :)
Here's a pic 20130316_181304.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I got a really good deal on the whiteout: $350 shipped. I'm hoping to get the female from JMG for $150 if they ever respond to my email.

Aliza

Star1

Should I feed it the same as my leos? I give adults 5 food items every other day younger ones get around 7 a day. There are some crickets already in the enclosure. I'm going to try to tell if it's a male or female once it settles in.

Caleb C

I'd take the crickets out. They normally start eating after 3-7 days. I feed mine 2-3 mealworms a day as an adult, but mine's a little slow to poop. If your poops fine, i'd say the same amount is fine.

Star1

Ok thank you. I will take out the crickets :) I usually don't use crickets anyway because they escape my leo rack too easily.

Geckomaster743

Does the owner know what Morph it is? Even by the color you never know if its Het or any thing. Though Congrats im happy for you c:

Caleb C

African fat tails are very limited with morphs. That one is just a normal stripe, probably not het for anything, as they're usually expensive when het, because most other morphs are expensive.

Star1

Caleb is right, it's just a normal stripe. It's a little aggressive, hopefully just because it's stressed from being moved. I put my hand in the enclosure to re-fill the water dish and it was hissing at me.

Geckomaster743

Ah okay c: I don't know much about other species of Geckos besides the one's I currently have. Thanks for the correction Caleb!

Star1

She's not a baby like I originally thought, I just assumed since she hadn't been sexed yet. I guess they just didn't care if it was male or female. I was able to see that it's a female so I named her Kahlua. It just seemed good with her colors Idk. Anyway, she's extremely defensive but I'm hoping to tame her. She's never been held before and she's around 2 years old.

Rylee

3 Year Member
That was a good deal! Hopefully she'll settle down with time.

Visit our friends