possibly pregnant

RangoDango

Tokay Freak
My female AFT has seemed to widen out and her tail has also decreased quite a bit in its size. She is eating normally. Is this a normal sign?

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
For me a tell tail sign of ovulation in fatties is when they go off of food. I feed every day and the first day i notice them not go for the crickets, I check them for ovulations and 90% of the time they are ovulating.
I would say a thin tail and a fat abdomen is not a good sign of being pregnant, but rather that of parasites or some other pathology. If you can not visibly see her eggs in her belly then i would get a fecal done at a VET ASAP.

RangoDango

Tokay Freak
well we took her in to my girls vet's office, the gf is a vet tech (good benefits when you have a small zoo), and our lil girl is gravid with at least 9 eggs (upto 12 from what the doc saw) woot, doc says she could lay within 3 weeks :)

i guess this what we get for getting a proven breeder, now we get to see if our male is a breeder or not, this is his first mating as far as we know

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
LOL A fatties can not have 9 eggs at a shot. There maybe be smaller follicles behind the one that are to be laid, but definetly not 9 eggs. Can you take a pic of her belly and post it. He probably sees other follicles developing and said eggs meaning follicles. But if she lays 9 eggs in a shot she would be one expensive fattail...lol Did they take a Xray?

RangoDango

Tokay Freak
sonogram or ultrasound i think, this is not a herp vet, so his numbers could be off, i though it was high aswell, oh well, and yes i will try to get pics of her belly as soon as she gets home with the gf lol

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
hmmm, not a herp vet and used a sonogram/ultrasound. I have serious doubt he used either of those 2, or with any acuracy. Reason being is a regular vet, not a exotic vet that is, would probably not have the proper ultrasound equipment to work on such a small animal.

RangoDango

Tokay Freak
actually my gf just corrected me he is a herp vet, and yes actually they have both setups and he is very compatent in his practice

Visit our friends