Post Dog Pictures

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
Ash needs to be insulted, because he's too damn smart and good looking by half. If I don't take him down a peg he runs around doing tricks for anyone dumb enough to feed him for doing them, or performing cute actions that make attractive young women stop and make cooing noises at him.

Although the blanket IQ test doesn't work for him. There are a few areas where his behavior is a bit off, learned responses that he never picked up on because he's been with me since a few days after he was born instead of with his mother and other dogs.

This is what he does when he hears the word "Ghillie Suit" or when anyone is watching "How I Met Your Mother" and Neil Patrick Harris instructs anyone to "Suit Up!"

Step one: locate the cammo blanket (nobody can see him when he's camouflaged).

Step two: Lay down on it, bite a corner and roll over, pulling the blanket onto his back.

17342_103833716307226_100000417955261_97458_556911_n.jpg

Step three: work the edge of the blanket over his head until he is totally invisible

17342_103833449640586_100000417955261_97447_2577759_n.jpg

Step four: Mayhem.

BrilliantEraser

Bookworm!
I LOVE IT. I can see why he's such a hit with the ladies.

I tried the blanket IQ test on my dog last night. He spun in circles, ran into a wall, backed into another wall, ran into the next wall again, and finally just lay down and gave up. With his tail wagging madly during the entire ordeal.

Did you bottle raise him, then? I had to bottle raise a bunny and I can attest to the different behavior between normal bunnies and my Wicket. He was one of the best pets I ever had, though. Played fetch with tennis balls.

GeckoGal

GeckoGal
Here is my baby, a real German blood German Shepherd. "Beau Bijou von Jackson Haus".... or Jake :p He is 10 months and pretty big but not completely done growing and filling out. Most intelligent dog ever!

RyuuKirin

Here are my two... Max is the brindle and Raine is a Lab (but don't tell her, she still thinks she's a person...)

March-11_1415-1.jpg

I have a better one, but I can't find it... As you can see, Raine is soaking wet... she slipped into the creek and then decided it was fun to try and pull Daddy in with her....

Reborn

Ol' post butttt~
Ghost 8 weeks here a bit older now(3 1/2 months) Australian Shepherd, merle coat. Adopted from a rescue here in MN. Smart little arse.
Benward Benson- Chihuahua pup from my parents dogs. Got the pic of the litter. Only one to pee on me;D Love instantly. 3 years old. Own 4 other dogs but these 2 are my own personal ones. Both are phone pics so not the greatest....Ok Ghost's is just perfect;D The rescues using it on there facebook and such.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Awww Kelli your Juny looks like my Ollie :) (but a bunch younger :) )

277115784965-EOsEN.jpg

Everyone's puppers are sooo adorable :sweetheart:

KelliH

They are adorable, but my favorite is the Male Eclectus :) Whats his name? He's adorable :)

His name was Birdy. He died last year. He was an awesome bird, and so smart. He could say 44 different words or phrases, and he could sing, "Shake Your Booty". He had the sweetest, softest voice sometimes. I miss him so much.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
His name was Birdy. He died last year. He was an awesome bird, and so smart. He could say 44 different words or phrases, and he could sing, "Shake Your Booty". He had the sweetest, softest voice sometimes. I miss him so much.

Awe...Im so sorry Kelli :( How old was he? I have an African Grey named "BoKu", who will be 19 in February :) I handfed her from a baby:). I worked in a parrot specialty store for 7 years! I used to have a birdroom (pre-kids). I had all sorts of birds at different times, including an Umbrella Cockatoo, who I miss terribly :( I gave her away...I think it was a post-partum brain thing...what was I thinking!) I regret it now:eek: I miss her.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Ollie is so handsome! Aren't boxers the best?

Aw thanks :) I tell ya what Kelli they are beyond awesome. Ollie is your typical worst case scenario dog. He came to me at late 9 years old, a permanent foster his whole life, 9 homes in 9 years, and all the scars and damage you see outside physically, was at the hands of his fosters. Knife scars on his front legs, ear hematomas that were left to wreck the ear leather, various growths, lumps, and skin tags, and hypothorid. He came to me almost a lil pink pig. BUt I tell you what...

After all that abuse and neglect, this boy is BOMBPROOF. You can't shake him, I can put him with ANY dog any child and all he does is love (unless you're the mailman. He HATES any mailperson. That one I just can't for the life of me break.). He's my 80 pound cat... and he's a clown. No one hs a better sense of humor and expression than Ollie. THAT is the true testament to the nature of Boxers if you ask me.

smiles-WAlzk.jpg

His "rescue" sent me an email, looking for a permanent foster, a GOOD one, and I just started my "Rescue, Rehab, and Rehome" program, how could I refuse that face. The only stipulation we had in our agreement was that they would maintain his medical expenses, they would pay my vet to treat Ollie's disease. Well needless to say, she made 1 pament, bounced a check, and now I pay evertything. I guess that's what you get for trying to do something nice :main_rolleyes:. Well Karma's a bi**h, last I hear she was deported back to Kazakhstan over some drug related thing.

He's been with us just shy of 2 years now. wouldn't trade him for the world :main_thumbsup:

257023826949-wO4e6.jpeg

*sorry I had to show off so many pix. I'm just so proud of him*

Visit our friends