Potty time

moorespride

Ok we have had our gecko since Monday and havent seen any poop.m any thing to do. She has ate and looks to be happy. Doesn't seem to like meal worms but crickets are good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halley

You didn't describe the cage set-up, so I'll ask some questions that may seem silly.
Does the gecko have a heat mat? If so, is it working? Can you describe the cage set-up in some detail, and provide a picture. That may help if husbandry errors are the cause of the issue.
Other than that I would try soaking the gecko in warm water. Place them in a plastic shoe box, or something similar and fill it up with enough water so as to cover its legs, without making it have to swim, for 15ish minutes. It may poop in the water, or a little after, once you’ve put them back in their cage.

moorespride

You didn't describe the cage set-up, so I'll ask some questions that may seem silly.
Does the gecko have a heat mat? If so, is it working? Can you describe the cage set-up in some detail, and provide a picture. That may help if husbandry errors are the cause of the issue.
Other than that I would try soaking the gecko in warm water. Place them in a plastic shoe box, or something similar and fill it up with enough water so as to cover its legs, without making it have to swim, for 15ish minutes. It may poop in the water, or a little after, once you’ve put them back in their cage.

Sorry he has on sand at the pet store but her is his set up he has a uth set at 90 it is on the left and he doesn't come out of there much during the day

a67f711e7a84ab0e41d17e1676a26f81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes it takes them awhile to poop. When he finally goes, check to see whether or not there's sand in the poop. If another week goes by and you get really worried, you can give him a warm soak in 1/2" of water for a few minutes.

Aliza

Visit our friends