Prolapsed

Adinar

Our male, Jinx, has been in with one of our females for the past week in the attempts to get them to breed. About 2 days ago the hubby noticed that he had prolapsed. Took him out of her enclosure and moved him into a critter keeper with damp papertowels. Last night I discovered a lump of impacted coco fiber in with him so thinking now this is a rectal prolapse? He is passing everything ok because I have had to change his paper several times. Going to try the sugarwater next, but man that's going to be rough with this jumpy guy. Any advice is appreciated. :main_thumbsup:

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

Adinar

You know I couldn't tell if it was puss or a sperm plug. If the little bugger will let me clean him up a bit I might get a better look. But at any rate, I will be making a vet appointment.

Adinar

Seeing as I took a long break from the site and never did an update on ol' Jinx. Little buddy is doing good and neurotic as ever. No infections, just had to get his hemis put back in by the Dr. But as a plus from all of this currently have some viable eggs we're waiting on. :D

Visit our friends