Ptychozoon Setups?

NewGeckoGirl

Does anyone have any experience with these? I have a 36"x36"x12" glass aquarium that I am trying to decide if I can use for Ptychozoon geckos. I am thinking that a tank of that size will hold a higher humidity level than a standard terrarium. What should I be looking for or concerned about as far as setup and care requirements?
I had thoughts of trying crested geckos in there but again I think the humidity may be too high. Any thoughts?

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I don't have any experience but I'd love to see some photos and hear more about your setup so we can all learn a bit about them!

NewGeckoGirl

I think I have determined my tank is only useful for fish. I've come to the realization that anything that eats in there will also poop in there, and my arms are not 36" long. So that leaves me pondering how I would clean this tank.... hummmm. Now I am looking at selling it and upgrading to a reptile enclosure.
Anyone ever flip a tank on its side and use it? hummm......

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's easier to deal with a tank this size if you stand on a stool. There are people who turn traditional fish tanks on the side and install a sliding door. I'm sure there are instructions on the internet. If you decide to get a new tank, check into Exoterra which makes front opening arboreal and terrestrial tanks. I have gotten quite a few nice ones for great prices on craigslist.

Aliza

Visit our friends