Question about Morphs

Xtremis730

Hello there!

I'm here to ask a rather basic question about Leopard Geckos, because I'm a little confused, having solely worked with Bearded Dragons.

A friend of mine is giving away a Male Mack Snow + 2 Female RAPTORs, and he told me that when breeded, I can potentially create Mack Snow RAPTORs (which I'm interested in further breeding to a Super).

But then I consulted Google, and learned that by breeding in the aforementioned combination, I will be left with Mack Snows, or Normals that are all Het for RAPTOR. (Since there are other sources claiming otherwise, can anyone please confirm?)

Secondly, if I really wanted a Mack Snow RAPTOR, what would be the best combination to make this even possible?

Thanks so much!

Christywoowoo

The combination most likely to give you mack snow RAPTORS are two mack snow RAPTORS.

You could also breed a Mack snow that is het for RAPTOR with a RAPTOR, two snows that are het RAPTOR, or one snow RAPTOR with a het RAPTOR

You could potentially breed these two geckos from your friend and cross a male Mack Snow from the pairing back to one of the female RAPTORs in the future.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

DrCarrotTail

As long as you are sure the Mack Snows have no hets for albino or eclipse in their background the pair will produce Mack Snows and Normals that are het for raptor. A raptor is a double recessive so to produce them its best to start with two raptors. Snow is dominant so only one of the pair needs to be a snow to produce them. You'll get 50% snows whether one or both of them are snow. If they are both snow you'll get some normals with some super snow raptors mixed in. It can be difficult to tell a Super Raptor from a Super Snow unless both of the parents are visual raptors to begin with as they tend to be fairly solid white/pink and all have solid eyes.

Hope that clarifies rather than confuses! haha

Visit our friends