Question about my AFT

kayleyt

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is up with my new AFT. She seems to be pretty healthy, she's very docile & sweet. My only concern is they way her mouth looks? I just don't know if maybe she has a bit of an overbite or if it could be a mild case of mouth rot? I just got this gecko yesterday. Please tell me your thoughts & opinions! I just want to know if my gecko is okay, and if I need to treat her. The following pictures are of her.
4b877659c19c7a48d3d2bdbc7a97769c.jpg

8b934d81eb8e4a0acc64eb4a240a6b19.jpg

e192f346c286dea11b0e9cc3809faf34.jpg

9cc270dbebaae9df537b9a8af0f401e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Give her a few days to settle in and then see if you can gently open her mouth. If there is a crusty discharge or scab on the lip, wash it gently and see if it heals on its own. It doesn't look bad to me. You could always contact the breeder and ask about it.

Aliza

kayleyt

Give her a few days to settle in and then see if you can gently open her mouth. If there is a crusty discharge or scab on the lip, wash it gently and see if it heals on its own. It doesn't look bad to me. You could always contact the breeder and ask about it.

Aliza

Thank you! I also wanted to ask if anyone knows what morph she is exactly? I was thinking she is a caramel albino stripe tangerine(maybe) but she was sold to me for $120 USD as an albino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrCarrotTail

She definitely is an albino and looks like a caramel albino to me. Amels tend to be a bit more purple in the appearance of their bands. I have one female that has a bit of crust on one side of her mouth from time to time but it goes away. I believe she's just a bit overenthusiastic about her feeding dish and bites it from time to time cutting her mouth. It's been that way off and on for 3 years - I even had her to a vet and he said not to worry just keep an eye on it. If it truly is mouth rot you'll need a good vet and some antibiotics (preferably injectable) to cure it completely. You'd have to look inside her mouth and see how widespread it is to know for sure or bring her to a vet. if its just a scrape on a couple of her teeth I wouldn't worry.

kayleyt

She definitely is an albino and looks like a caramel albino to me. Amels tend to be a bit more purple in the appearance of their bands. I have one female that has a bit of crust on one side of her mouth from time to time but it goes away. I believe she's just a bit overenthusiastic about her feeding dish and bites it from time to time cutting her mouth. It's been that way off and on for 3 years - I even had her to a vet and he said not to worry just keep an eye on it. If it truly is mouth rot you'll need a good vet and some antibiotics (preferably injectable) to cure it completely. You'd have to look inside her mouth and see how widespread it is to know for sure or bring her to a vet. if its just a scrape on a couple of her teeth I wouldn't worry.

I've had her on reptaid for a few days and it's actually been helping her! Her mouth is looking a lot better. So I'm just going to see if it will heal over itself. Plus I have gotten her to eat!!! which is always a good! :)

ca1c341644a66c7b4b278e2a09645c83.jpg

I don't think her mouth is bad, but I'm not sure. It's my first time dealing with this.

Visit our friends