Question. (Coccidia??)

KatieG

Has anyone delt with coccidia? My little carrot tailed gecko has it. Any tips on getting him back to healthy? I took every thing out of his tank, laid paper towels and soaked hides in bleach and water. He started his meds today but i need to get him eating again. Hes on a liquid diet until then because hes so thin and needs nutrition in his body. I took him to the vet a couple of weeks ago and they didnt see the parasite but they did this time. Hes a year old and only weighs 25.6 grams. Ive only had him for a little over a month but i love him so much. I just want him healthy.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Sometimes the antibiotics make the gecko not want to eat. for now, you can get a product called "carnivore care" which is a powder that you add water to and it makes a paste that you can rub on her nose for her to lick off. You can also use baby food chicken. If she'll take that, you can try squishing a feeder and poking it at her mouth, or feeding her the guts. Once the antibiotics are finished, there's more of a chance that she'll eat.

Aliza

KatieG

Thank you. I actually ordered the carnivore care but it wont be here till friday. Ive been giving him repta boost and hes actually gaining a little weight in his tail and legs. He had his first solid poop last night (thank God) and its only been a day. I had to start the repta boost a few days ago because he was loosing more and more weight and i had to do something to help him get some kind of nutrients in him. I might go get some baby food for him this morning and try that.
Sometimes the antibiotics make the gecko not want to eat. for now, you can get a product called "carnivore care" which is a powder that you add water to and it makes a paste that you can rub on her nose for her to lick off. You can also use baby food chicken. If she'll take that, you can try squishing a feeder and poking it at her mouth, or feeding her the guts. Once the antibiotics are finished, there's more of a chance that she'll eat.

Aliza

Visit our friends