Question (how long can they go without eating?)

KatieG

No. I was told to not give him d3 every feeding so i got one without d3. I think ill try the light again. Its just strange. Hes always been a hardy eater. Nothing has really been changed. He just up and chose not to eat. He always seemed like a healthy happy little dude and since he always stays in his darkest hide when i open the curtains in the morning i just kind of assumed he didnt care for the light. Ill put his light back. Its a shade dweller 6 or 7% ill have to look.

BLUSH50

Can you make a video of you offering whatever insects you have(at least 2 different type? In the evening with minimal light? Do not pull him out of the enclosure or hide, instead place it outside of the hide opening. Make sure he is still warm(heat mat on) and just for this video this once, no dust. I just want to see his reaction.

KatieG

Yes. Ill definitely do that tomorrow evening and post it here. Im at work tonight. He basically just closes his eyes or turns his head away. Ill make the video tomorrow though. His crickets will be delivered Thursday so im hoping that helps.

KatieG

Well the hunger strike ended last night on day 30. I unfortunately couldn't be there but my husband offered crickets that came a day early and Larry went right for them! So crazy!! He hasn't had them in roughly 4 months and decided thats all he wants right now ‍♀️ so i guess ill be keeping crickets again. Im just glad he ate finally.

Visit our friends