question on lighting

MR.MACK

hello to everyone!!! is it ok to put a daylight heat bulb on during the day? i presently use a under tank heat pad that i shut off at night. reason why iam asking about the day bulb is because some days its quite dark because theirs no sun, think it may throw my gecko off schedule. if i use the day heat bulb when days are dark, i can shut off the heat pad. do not want two heat sources going on at the same time. this is my first post. hope you understand my question. thnx:)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm sure it would be OK to use a daytime bulb as long as the air inside the enclosure doesn't get too hot (I think 80'sF on a regular basis is too hot). I don't see a need to turn the heat mat off at night (I know the sun goes down in the wild at night, but this isn't the wild).

Aliza

muskiemagic

I use a 50 watt Halogen set on a timer in my setup and it works just fine for me giving off enough heat as well. I have also heard the light given by a halogen bulb isnt as bad on the eyes since it emits a yellow light. Also keep your heat mat going 24-7

MR.MACK

ty for the reply. very much appreciated:) still learning.... only if we all were dr. doolittles.

Onelifegecs

hello to everyone!!! is it ok to put a daylight heat bulb on during the day? i presently use a under tank heat pad that i shut off at night. reason why iam asking about the day bulb is because some days its quite dark because theirs no sun, think it may throw my gecko off schedule. if i use the day heat bulb when days are dark, i can shut off the heat pad. do not want two heat sources going on at the same time. this is my first post. hope you understand my question. thnx:)
That could work it would dry out the air tho. I suggest some white leds with adjustable brightness

Visit our friends