question

Kayla

I just bought a leopard gecko from petco. he is pretty small so i’m guessing he’s a baby. I’ve had him for 2 days and he hasn’t pooped or eaten any mealworms, and all he’s been doing is sleeping. Is this normal?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's not unusual for a new gecko not to eat at first, and, of course, if he doesn't eat he won't poop. If there's any way you can post a picture of your gecko that would be helpful so we can see that it's OK.

Aliza

Kayla

777B69EF-737C-45C0-A855-74D75A928FCA.jpeg This is it. This is my first reptile, and i’ve done a lot of research but when I bought it the store gave me no information or care guide.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Your gecko looks well proportioned and healthy. I had asked for a picture because sometimes people buy geckos from the big chain pet stores and they look emaciated to the point where it's clear they're not going to last long. I'd say it looks big enough that not eating for awhile will be OK and that you should keep offering and eventually it should eat.

Aliza

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yep what Aliza said! He looks like a healthy weight! Make sure his temps are good and he's got access to a good hide, fresh water, and live prey and he should thrive!

Visit our friends