Question..

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If it's truly a really young juvenile, I'd let it have as much as it wants until the dish is finished. I say this because when I was breeding geckos I'd let the hatchlings have a small dish of calcium. By the time they finished it, I figured all danger of MBD was over and just dusted the feeders. I don't mean that they don't need calcium anymore, but I learned that some of the newly hatched seemed to need a bit more calcium and before I started leaving the dishes, a few were showing early signs of MBD. If it's an older juvenile or an adult, consider just dusting the feeders and leaving the dish out of the cage.

Aliza

KatieG

Thank you. I don't think he's more than 3 months old. He's got a arcadia shade dweller uvb 6% so i put calcium without d3 in his dish. Should i still dust with D3? I have been and switch up with earth pro A multi vitamin.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Is that Arcadia light the one that penetrates into the hides so the gecko gets the D3 even when it's in the hide? If so, you're probably OK. If not, I'd recommend D3 every other feeding.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Arcadia makes a lot of lights, so check to be sure. If it is, you can ditch the D3 but keep an eye on the gecko and see how it does.

Aliza

KatieG

Thank you. I've been looking for an answer to wether or not i have that kind of lighting but i can't seem to find any info like that. Its the 7% shade dweller. I just see that its the best lighting lol. So im not really sure. Im going to keep looking for info though.

BLUSH50

The amount of UVB that will make it in the hole of the hide will vary. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is by purchasing a solar meter and testing each spot.

Last edited:

Visit our friends