R.I.P. Delilah and Draco

geckogirl3

2 days ago, my first gecko ever to hatch died of unknown reasons. Then to make it worse, my month old Mediterranean house gecko died the day after that. Still not sure of ether of the deaths, i am very sad. i wasn't there when they died because I had to go on a family trip. My dad was the only one at the house because he is a doctor and had to stay home. I am still sad and as i am typing this, i'm still crying. They were buried outside by the other gecko I had that died. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

:angel:R.I.P. Delilah and Draco :angel:​

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
I am sorry to hear this happened. Death is definitely part of raising geckos.
For me, it doesn't get any easier. It just is what it is.

And yes, sometimes they bleed internally after death, or blood pools and looks like a bruise. There's also bacterial activity that could be responsible for it.

I know it's not the same, but you do have one baby left to focus on. I hope you do well with her. My condolences for your losses...

geckogirl3

I finally got to write their grave stone (couldn't make it sooner because of school) it says

Here lies Draco
and Delilah,
my two
sweet
geckos

On the back it has a cross. Over where they are, I used a rock which is white granite and quartz together and I made a cross over it. (We have about 1,000 of those rocks in a walk way with tile over them) plus I have a rock tumbler and I cleaned and smoothed them.)

Last edited:

geckogirl3

if u are talking about the rock.... no
if u are talking about the gecko.......... :disappointed:

Visit our friends