Really Debating...

uroplatus99

on getting back into these! I think they are one of the hottest, coolest geckos I have ever worked with in the past. I am thinking that the Cork or Gunthers is the way to go at this time... but the phantasticus where such great guys...

I have had lineatus and henkeli as well, but something about pietschmanni and guntheri that just spark so much interest. Here are some of my photos from the past (10 years ago :) )...

aah.jpg

aap.jpg

lpic16.jpg

aac_001.jpg

aaa.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

aaf.sized.jpg

aaa.sized.jpg

I kept my 2.4 phants in a single 29 gallon tall tank with a live ficus tree... they where so happy in there, and I found having the 2 males together (I do not recomend this unless you know what to keep an eye out for) seem to provoke competition breeding. Never hand an issue in several years, and found the males hanging out together all the time :)...

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
My vote goes to pietschmanni, neither them or phants will be coming in as imports anymore starting next year, and corks are very hardy geckos.

uroplatus99

My vote goes to pietschmanni, neither them or phants will be coming in as imports anymore starting next year, and corks are very hardy geckos.

Yeah i saw this on the CITES post you made... not cool... but it doesn't mean that the folks that keep these need to step it up and help maintain the integrity of this genus. Maybe phants are the ones I go after... :)

10 years ago, Gunthers where the holy grail of Uroplatus.... though still rare in the trade, seeing you can still get them (for now) those may be the ones I put on hold...

uroplatus99

Not sure on real names but the mossy looking one look so cool in my opinion but all of them are cool looking geckos

The sikorea and pietschmanni are both pretty mossy looking :) Like them all, and find that they are very interesting to sit and watch.

I would watch my phants hunt at night, and it was a site... stalking, pouncing... it was cool!!

uroplatus99

Well just bought some Gunthers... Thanks T-ReXx for the lead!!! Can't wait to get thesse going!! Now to find some Females :)

uroplatus99

Well I secured some import Pieties today... can't wait to get those... but it will be a few months... :) but they do have to be healthy!

uroplatus99

Wow you don't waste any time do ya. Can't wait to see what you produce.

:) Well ... with the Uroplatus piethschammi not being imported next year... I had to seize the chance... and well, the guentheri, at the price I got the... I had to seize the chance there too... :)

I should call my whole new gecko endeavors "Carpe Diem" :)

I think Ricky Bobby said it best... "if you ain't first, your last" :)

Visit our friends