Red bump on vent?

worm22222

My gecko just shed and recently shes been getting skin stuck under her tail and vent area so I was helping pick it off when I noticed she had a sort of swollen bump on her vent? her stools aren't bloody she just recently pooped and it looked fine but I'm worried as to what and why it is there and if she need to see a vet. Does anyone know what this could be from? (also I'm sorry the picture is blurry it was the best I could get cause she was a little squirmy)

Attachments

• 20200429_222952.jpg
    20200429_222952.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Jacobsherps

Looks almost like a puncture wound is there any thing in it. To get a better pick put her on a piece of glass or the mesh on top of her cage and take the pick from under and it shkuldnt be as blurry

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Are you sure it's a "she"? To me it looks like the sore is right where the (male) pre-anal pores are. I had a male that had a sore there and what looked like stuck shed. I helped him remove the scab which was a mistake, because it got worse and became infected (there was a lump of pus under the skin). I removed the pus gently and used Silver Sulfadiazine Cream 1% which I had been given by the vet for a different gecko's wound. It cleared up pretty quickly. That was more than a year ago. Today, he has a little scar there, but he's fine.

Aliza

worm22222

Are you sure it's a "she"? To me it looks like the sore is right where the (male) pre-anal pores are. I had a male that had a sore there and what looked like stuck shed. I helped him remove the scab which was a mistake, because it got worse and became infected (there was a lump of pus under the skin). I removed the pus gently and used Silver Sulfadiazine Cream 1% which I had been given by the vet for a different gecko's wound. It cleared up pretty quickly. That was more than a year ago. Today, he has a little scar there, but he's fine.

Aliza
So do you think it will heal on it's own or would my best bet be going a vet?

Visit our friends