Reo virus the death of my gecko

Leo The Lizard

Gecko Lord
Some of you might of remember when i posted a month back when i was talking about how my gecko wasn't eating and i didn't want to take him to the vet Apollo was the name of my gecko my avatar is a pic of him you guys insisted i take him to a vet so i did. since my gecko would never let me pick him up i never saw the dark spot on his belly that the vet said was his liver shutting down she said she would have to force feed him with a syringe and that there is no known cure. Reo was the name of the virus and even the vet hadn't of heard of it she went online and talked with other vets and found out what it was. so i got a new one His name is Raptor and he has a MUCH fatter tail he is great one the first night i have him (tonight) He ate all the crix i put in his cage. What happened to apollo was tragic especially since he was my first Gecko. I feel bad for apollo but im so excited with my new gecko!

M_surinamensis

Shillelagh Law
an agent to kill the virus? i said there is no cure

An agent to kill the virus; in the tank, in the water dish, in or on the substrate and the terrarium fixtures, on feeding tongs, in hides, on your hands and clothes. Anywhere it might be due to contact with the previously owned, infected gecko. Anything it came into contact with. Anything you came into contact with after coming into contact with it.

roger

Some of you might of remember when i posted a month back when i was talking about how my gecko wasn't eating and i didn't want to take him to the vet Apollo was the name of my gecko my avatar is a pic of him you guys insisted i take him to a vet so i did. since my gecko would never let me pick him up i never saw the dark spot on his belly that the vet said was his liver shutting down she said she would have to force feed him with a syringe and that there is no known cure. Reo was the name of the virus and even the vet hadn't of heard of it she went online and talked with other vets and found out what it was. so i got a new one His name is Raptor and he has a MUCH fatter tail he is great one the first night i have him (tonight) He ate all the crix i put in his cage. What happened to apollo was tragic especially since he was my first Gecko. I feel bad for apollo but im so excited with my new gecko!

Here we go again !!:main_angry:

Adinar

Oh, geez... if you didn't you are looking at round two and more heartache. Even if you do sterilize everything now the new one has already come into contact with contaminated furnishings if you used Apollo's things, as someone else mentioned, right down to the clothes you wore while working with him and even his feeding tongs.

Someone else pointed out when a situation like this pops up, especially when you yourself said that it was an incurable issue, then all items must be thrown out. It's not being overly paranoid it's being safe.

Last edited:

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
I'm so sorry on your loss of apollo:(...but Raptor will replace your loss and you'll have some great times:main_thumbsup: I wish you all the very best:D

Visit our friends