Repashy cal plus is enought ?

goncalo

Hello,

Last year i had a couple hatchling and 3 of them have problems on front legs that seems to be MBD, i only use repashy cal plus as a supplement for my geckos and i dust crickets or dubias i give twice a week and always have mealworms in a dish with supplement. I dont know if problem is supplementation or not just asking for advice.

Akari_32

It's all I use, and I've realized three healthy geckos on it. Could be a gentic thing your little guys are suffering from.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Repashy Plus is what I use to dust the feeders. I do keep a bottle cap of plain Calcium(no D3) in their cages at all times.

DrCarrotTail

For breeding females and babies I give extra calcium as was said above. I also make sure feeders are well gutloaded and dust every feeding for babies. I also keep some vionate - a grain based vitamin supplement - in the geckos food bowls at all times. This helps keep the feeders that aren't eaten right away gutloaded a bit.

goncalo

thanks a lot for help, im considering to include some extra calcium on the supplementation i use, about vionate its hard to get here in Portugal.

Last edited:

indyana

This is the second report I have heard of issues with hatchlings when only using Repashy Calcium Plus.

This makes sense really, because Repashy is formulated as a maintenance supplement for adult geckos. I believe it does not contain the necessary levels of nutrients for growing hatchlings and breeding females, so you should certainly consider providing extra supplementation, especially calcium, and gutloading feeders appropriately.

goncalo

This is the second report I have heard of issues with hatchlings when only using Repashy Calcium Plus.

This makes sense really, because Repashy is formulated as a maintenance supplement for adult geckos. I believe it does not contain the necessary levels of nutrients for growing hatchlings and breeding females, so you should certainly consider providing extra supplementation, especially calcium, and gutloading feeders appropriately.

yes maybe thats the big issue here, im planning to add Calcium with D3 to my supplementation i think there isnt necessary to add extra vitamins because that might not be the problem here, i think the problem might be lack of calcium or D3 so an extra calcium with D3 might solve my problem.

getgeckos

I mix Repashy and a calcium without D3 and dust on my feeders 2x per week. The rest of the week just Repashy. Never had any issues with mbd with any of my hatchlings or adults

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Visit our friends