Repashy Calcium Plus question

crowriot

Hello! I'm new here, just had a question about the product listed above.
For context, I have a 4 month old baby leopard gecko and just got this product. It says to use it every feeding but I am very skeptical as I have done research and many have said the buildup of vitamins have caused their geckos to get sick etc. when used every feeding. Should I treat it like a multivitamin or use it every day? I was thinking maybe three times a week max (Mon, Wed & Fri) and use a calcium W/O d3 dust during the rest of the feedings except for Sunday. Does that sound right? I am not using a UVB lamp but am planning on getting one soon, she has a calcium bowl in her enclosure as well without d3.
Thank you so much!

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I've been using Repashy since 2009. Use it every other feeding and consider taking the calcium out of the cage. I stopped leaving calcium in the cage when I switched to Repashy with the exception of newly hatched geckos since a few of them seemed to have some early signs of MBD (returning the calcium to the cage cleared it up in all of them and taking it out when they were bigger did not result in any return of symptoms). You don't really need the UVB, though it's not bad or dangerous, as long as you have adequate floor heat from the under tank heater.

Aliza

Visit our friends