Repeat Offender, any ideas?

Dimidiata

This is just getting stupid now -_-. My lovely KSB, who im now guessing is male, has repeatedly escaped and attempted escape, despite my actions. I have locks on the lid, the pressure metal clips. He got out. I put weight on lid AND used the clips, he got out. Now i find out that he got out while i was gone and went UP the rack to the gecko tank(thats a good 6ft climb) and was sitting on top. No way should he be able to do this, so my stepfather went ahead while i was gone and duck taped the bloody lid to the tank. Which seems to have worked, he just has to undo and redo it every time i get into the tank. My mom told me that hes been getting very active and antsy latley too, which is out of the norm. When i got home today from newyork the little bugger was hanging upside down from the lid, belly scales gripping the wire. YEAH. Fantastic.

My next solution will be a bigger tank, which may be a littl over due. I figured a 17" inactive snake with a tank full of substrate to dig in would be ok in the 10gal. I guessed wrong. Im going to look for something longer now. maybe a 20gal, or just a longer/shorter 10gal. Any ideas how i can keep him from scaling the silicone seal on the corners?

On the bright side, at least i know the little guy is healthy, though, im still weighting for a shed(been almost a year now) from the little pig(eats like a champ now a days). Also, could the season be effecting his attitude?

marauderhex

My advice is to get a front opening enclosure, like the ones from Animal Plastics, or the ones I have. If he is still getting out, you're leaving the latches undone.

Dimidiata

Thats the kind i was trying to find, but im short on the money right now and i have to get a bunch of new fish supplies due to a heater meltdown in my big community(all in all, im screwed). SO, i was thinking maybe a pin top, with the lid that slides over the tank and locks with a pin and a lock?

The Gecko Person

Get a latching storage bin. Some brands make 28 quart sizes. They are cheap, light, and escape proof. Even possessed California king snakes can't escape from them.

Dimidiata

Seeing as she escaped the day i posted the last post, i got a Boa proof tank off my friend. Even his determined Blood couldnt get out. She shed, decided she was hungry and then jumped tank.

Visit our friends