Reptile Creative and Brittney Gougeon

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
Ok let's start this party off right and say I'm pretty vocal about any issues I have. With that out of the way let's get rockin with the issue.

Way back when about a year and a half ago I decided that I needed a website and at the time Brittney said she would be more then happy to help me out. Being the unexperienced person I was at the time I kinda just let her take the lead in setting up and desiging my website.

In the short time there was a falling out do to personal and business ideal's and opinion's. That's neithere here nor there. But roughly a month ago I wanted to have my domain name put in my name so I can control my own website. After sending her a couple emails with no response I decided to just let my site expire and purchase the domain name myself. Well after it expired it wouldn't allow me to purchase the domain. More then likely there was a grace period I'm assuming. So I paid her the $15 to renew my site and she then promised that she would transfer all the info into my name. I took her at her word. So waiting almost 2 weeks I was in the process of moving into a new house so the website transfer wasn't a high priority. I figured that once I was done moving I would check and the transfer would have went through or at least started.

Well needless to say NOTHING has taken place. Not to mention to put another layer of iceing on the cake I requested to have some more webpages added for the new projects that we aquired this past season. With NO response.

So over all don't do ANY sort of business with her and think that it will be an overall pleasant experience. Her communication skills are highly lacking with business's that she's currently doing business with. I don't foresee ever owning my own domain name and she's trapping me into keeping her as my webmaster and won't e-mail me back.

I will get all the e-mails and everything situated soon and add them as well. PLus some info is on facebook and I can't access it from work. (where i'm currently at now while typing this).

robin

personal attacks aside she is holding his business website and hosting hostage without a fee.

KelliH

This is not about Ryan's posts on facebook. This is not about anything else except for the topic of this thread. This is not the BOI, and I will not put up with any chit, from anyone. Excuse my French.

Ryan if you could please email Brittney and inform her of this thread, it would be helpful. Should she opt to respond to this, I will be more than happy to allow her access to this thread only.

Last edited:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Understood. Then Ryan needs to 'man-up' and post his grievance on the BOI... with BOTH parties he seems to be having problems with. That's the best place for these kinds of drama issues.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
wait, so the domain wasn't registered in your name? even if she designed the site and hosting it, you should own the rights to the domain. once you have the domain registered, you can point the DNS to any host you choose. i guess my only concern here is why does she own the domain name?

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
Subject: Gecko Forums Bus Inquiry Thread

Date: Thu, Mar 03, 2011 10:46 pm
To: "Brittney Gougeon" <[email protected]>

To Subject (Thread Messages) Date Size
Just wanted to let you know that we posted something about the website issues on Gecko Forums business inquiries so you can post your side of the situation.

Ryan Hauser & Angelicka Veach
Retribution Reptiles LLC
[email protected]

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
i guess my only concern here is why does she own the domain name?

At the time she offered for me to send her the money and she would set everything up for me. I was pretty clueless at the time and trusted her. I have all the IM's from AIM on my old computer that I would have to dig through.

I'm still at work so give me sometime to get the info for you guys. Just let me know what you want and I'll attempt to find it.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
ahhh, so you paid her for the registration, hosting, and site design. she still should have registered the domain in your name though IMO and given you access to the FTP. i mean i understand not knowing all of the exact details of setting it up, etc, but i would hate to see you get screwed over that. i hope you guys work this out.

KelliH

OK, Brittney has requested access to this thread, and it's only fair that she is able to respond. Just a general warning... this thread needs to stay on the topic that is the subject of it. Any off topic posts about other situations will be deleted. Offering input or suggestions regarding this particular transaction specifically, or in general terms is welcomed, but no off topic drama is going to be allowed in here. I think most of you get my drift LOL.

I hope that this can be resolved.

ajveachster

All you need to do is go over to GoDaddy and have the domain transferred into your name. It's no big deal.

I did attempt to get a transfer, but it is something that both parties have to do. It is set up that way to protect somebody from having another party steal a name from them. The following link should be the form that needs to be filled out if a domain needs to be switched from one owner to another. It is not the same as changing the registrar of a domain name you already own. Just wanted to clarify that there is a difference.

https://supportcenter.godaddy.com/DomainServices/ChangeRequestPage.aspx?ci=9107

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
This was an e-mail sent to Brittney with no response.

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, January 29, 2011 3:17:06 AM
Subject: Domain Name Transfer

I was going over some stuff for the business for our 2011 budget, and found that our domain name shows registered under your name instead of our business name. I would like to get that updated. There is a form I can fill out and send to godaddy however it requires a copy of your photo ID. I would appreciate if you could scan and send me a copy of it so I can get that update completed. The link on this email should take you to the page that you can view the form. You will have to click on the "If you need to move your domain to a new account" line in order to see the instructions that request this information.

https://idp.godaddy.com/retrieveaccount.aspx?ci=9107&spkey=GDSWNET-M1PWCORPWEB170
Thank You.
Angelicka

User001

Brittney Gougeon's Response to Ryan Hauser

Hi, this is Brittney Gougeon, the owner of Reptile Creative.

First and foremost, thank you Kelli for allowing me the opportunity to address this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been a misunderstanding and I admit to a lapse of communication concerning the domain name. When I first received correspondence about this issue from Angelicka(not Ryan), it was my understanding that Angelicka wanted the 'Whois' data to show the domain name as registered to Retribution Reptiles, which was changed when the domain was renewed. There was ONLY ONE email from Angelicka(not Ryan) on January 29th that requested that the registration data be changed to Retribution Reptiles. I checked their account that day on godaddy.com, and made a note in their file to change this information when their domain went up for renewal the following month. However, I did not email Angelicka back at that time. I sent a domain registration renewal request on February 14th, notifying them of the renewal date on the 21st of February. Payment was not received for the renewal before the expiration date, therefore the domain did lapse for approximately 24 hours. I received payment from Angelicka on the 22nd, and restored the domain on the same day, as requested.

I did not receive ANY other emails or correspondences after January 29th about any issue from Ryan or Angelicka until their registration lapsed on Feb. 22.

It is an easy fix to transfer a domain name. Here's how it is done:

• 1) Create an account at godaddy.com
  • 2) Visit this page to initiate a transfer of domain name to your account --> http://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-transfer.aspx?isc=gooddtps1
  • 3) I have unlocked your domain in preparation of its transfer.
  • 4) Since I have changed the 'WhoIs' registration data, you should receive an email with authorization codes to complete the transfer. I will also receive an email notifying me of the request for transfer.
  • 5) You will receive an email from godaddy.com with directions for how to complete the transfer, you can also call their customer service line for assistance.
  • 6) It can take up to 7 days for a transfer to take place, and during this time there may be downtime on the website.
  • 7) Once the domain is transferred into your account, I will no longer have access to the domain, and all technical and admin functionality will be transferred to you.

Since a transfer request was not submitted for this domain through godaddy.com, the comment that I'm somehow holding this domain 'hostage' and that I am 'trapping you into keeping me as your webmaster' is completely untrue. Angelicka (not Ryan) emailed me exactly 2 times about this issue, once on January 29th(as stated above), and once was this morning.

In response to your post about the original purchase and set-up of your domain:

I offer to include the purchase and registration process of a new domain name in the price of designing websites for my clients as a convenience. Many new website owners do not know how to work the DNS, FTP, and email set-up functions of their websites, so I offer to provide this service for them. Another important reason why clients purchase and registered domains through me is so I can make the process of setting up their domains on my 'online content editor' a quick and easy task. If at any time a client wishes to take over these tasks and transfer the domain into their own godaddy.com account, I will gladly allow them to complete their transfer request. Over the last 4 years that I have been doing this, I have helped many clients transfer domains in and out of accounts through various domain registrars.

When I register domains for my clients, the registration, technical, and admin information is automatically placed under my name because it is under my account. If a client at any time requests that I update the details to reflect their contact information, I will do so, as I have in this situation.

You can view the updated WhoIs data here, type in their domain and search --> www.whois.com
You can view the GoDaddy 'WhoIs' data here, --> http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?k...omain=retributionreptiles.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

Because you are obviously dissatisfied and because there was a lapse in communication, I will refund you the price of your domain renewal (which is way above and beyond our agreement) paid on the 22nd, and pick up the cost of the domain transfer, up to a value of $30, pending that this problem is now considered resolved and no further false public accusations are made. You will also receive a 'bonus' 1 year extension of your domain renewal when transferring a domain through godaddy.com. This is a win/win situation.

If this matter persists, I have all the documentation and email correspondence and will gladly post them in this thread if necessary.

As for the request to have new webpages added to the site, I have scoured my email and found this message during several email correspondences while I was updating the logo header on the top of your website free of charge.

August 31st, 2010, Ryan Hauser writes:

"We will be needing the new site banner. Also just to give you a heads up in the next upcoming months we will be adding some more pages to the website. We will let you know when we have the details so you can quote a price."

I don't understand the accusation here? It clearly states that YOU WILL LET ME KNOW when you have the details so I can quote you a price. I again, never received any further details about this request. If you do need additional pages added to the website at this time, please contact me privately and I will do this for you when time allows.

If you have any other concerns regarding your account status at Reptile Creative, please email me directly.

KelliH

More unnecessary posts have been removed. I'm not being half assed when I say that this forum is not Fauna/the BOI, and I am not going to allow it to be that way. This forum is here to provide a service to all of us. In my opinion it has worked exactly as it was meant to in this case. :)

I think I will make a couple of changes regarding this forum and the way it's moderated... Also when issued get resolved, threads will be closed and marked as resolved. Hmm, thinking out loud here, sorry.

KelliH

Unless Retribution Reptiles or Brittney want to add anything to this thread, there is no reason for anyone else to comment.

Visit our friends