Rest In Peace Grandma

BalloonzForU

I just got the call I had been warned was coming, my grandma has passed away. I was able to say my goodbye's to her during Easter vacation when Zach, Tori and I drove down to FL.

She passed away peacefully in her sleep while at home where she wanted to be, with her husband, son (my father) and daughter by her side.

I will forever charish my memories of the greatest woman I have ever known. A petite little woman with a thick New York accent, she was bigger than life in my eyes.

KelliH

I'm sorry, Fe. All four of mine have been gone for many years but I know how hard it is to say goodbye. It's good she was with her family and at home.

BalloonzForU

I just got off the phone with my dad and he told me that Friday would have been my grandparents 67th wedding anniversary.

We were also talking how most likely that grandpa will soon follow and he told me what happened when he got there Monday morning. He brought a rosary for my grandma, she cried when she took it and said she was not sad. She stood up refusing any help and went to my grandfather and got him out of his chair. She walked him to the kitchen and stood praying with him. She then looked up to my dad after a while and said, "I guess it's not going to happen like in my dream". Apparently she had dreamed they would pass away together standing there while they prayed.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Uggh, you got me crying Fe! I'm so sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you and the rest of your family, especially your Grandfather.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I am so sorry, Fe. I lost my grandma on new years eve last year and I still have a hard time coping with the loss.:(

BalloonzForU

My condolences Fe. I'm glad that you have a wealth of fond memories of her. Bless you and your family. :angel:

Thank you, Ken.

Uggh, you got me crying Fe! I'm so sorry for your loss and our thoughts are with you and the rest of your family, especially your Grandfather.

Thank you, Melody.

I'm so sorry, Fe. :(

Thank you, Debbie.

I am so sorry, Fe. I lost my grandma on new years eve last year and I still have a hard time coping with the loss.:(

Thank you, Kristi.

Sorry for your familys loss Fe. :(

Thank you, Rick.

my condolences, Fe. if ya need anything you know where i am

Thank you, Robin.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I am very sorry for your family's loss, Fe. I am however, happy she passed peacefully in her sleep. I know she will live on in each of your memories, and all of you are better people for having her in your lives. As a grandma myself, I can only hope that my grandchildren will be able to feel the way you do about your grandma...

Visit our friends