Rest in peace, my babies

S

Smallidge

Roughly two months ago my leopard gecko, Escheron, finally passed away after a long battle against hepatic lipdosis. He put up a good fight but in the end he couldn't keep down any crickets or slurry. He went peacefully in his favourite hide. I miss him and his spunky ways. He will be missed, but I'm so happy that he doesn't suffer anymore.

A few weeks later the green anole I had (first reptile ever) passed away as well, but due to old age. His name was Franz Ferdinand. (= He was the best green anole ever, and was a master escape artist when it came time to clean his tank. I miss him too, but I had him for about a year and he was already a year old when I purchased him.

And finally, not 2 weeks ago to this day, my first leo passed away. Balka (the one in my avatar) wasn't even a year old but he refused to eat and thus, passed away. He would stay holed up in his hide and would do a hiss/screach if I tried to coax him out. After refusing to eat crickets, mealies, waxies or slurry, he slipped away in the middle of the night. I think I miss him most of all.

Forunately I have photos of these darlings so while they may no longer be with me now, I will always carry the memory of them in my heart. Rest in peace babies. I loved you all so much and I hope I gave you a good life.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
What a beautifully written memorial. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your babies. I'm sure they had a wonderful life with you.

Visit our friends