Satanic male Dropped Tail

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
Well,

I found a dried up tail from one of my new WC males on the cage floor today. Anyone ever experience a dropped tail with no other cage mates present? Humidity is at 80-90% at all times.

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
Thanks Kelli. I am stressing these guys big time. Do they need a water dish if there are water droplets on the Pothos and Ficus at all times?

I have never seen them drink from a water bowl personally, but some other keepers say they have seen it. It is rare to find that though. If you think they are more likely to drink moving water which most are, you could place or create a drip system or waterfall. Once you get them all established your job will be ten times less stressful. But I think this is the best part. Good luck

MonteQ's

With recent imports, it's not too uncommon for them to "crash". They'll drop their tail first and go down hill from there. An unfortunate reality about working with these guys. Sometimes there's not a whole lot you can do. The first few weeks are the toughest with fresh imports. Take care of any mites immediately, mist them regularly for the first few weeks. Most importantly give them space! These guys stress very easily, allow them a couple months with minimal interaction to really settle in.

I hope this helps. Good luck with them.

Oh and no need for water bowls misting should provide them with enough fluids.

Deadly_kermit

I had a CB hatchling do that for no reason that I could see. It lived and it seems to be doing great now. These are very delicate critters that we really understand very little about. Keep a good eye on it. Make sure its conditions are perfect, and don't bother it, and it will hopefully pull itself out. There is really nothing you can do besides give it a good environment in which is can thrive.

Visit our friends