Gojira_0429

I just adopted a juvenile leopard gecko from PetsSmart. We picked him (I think a boy) because he was the most active in the tank. He let me hold him at first and seemed okay and the suddenly freaked so I put him in his new home.. I’ve owned one before so I know he has a proper full set up.
My concern is he is so scared of any sound, when he first got settled he licked everything and ran the whole tank a couple times. Then he went under his fake plant hiding and does not come out. When he does it’s very brief and as soon as he hears any sound that someone is there he runs back into his favorite hiding spot.
What can I do to make him more used to sound? I tried to wiggle song worms but he just stayed hiding and staring.

im so nervous he won’t get comfortable and live in fear. It’s only been a couple days so maybe I’m overthinking?

my last gecko was SO friendly so I never had this problem

lastly... if your still reading THANK YOU.. any chance you can estimate his age and morph?

Will add pics somewhere when I figure it out

Attachments

• 802ABE30-B4A1-4EA8-8AA8-7AFD4E9FE1B3.jpeg
    802ABE30-B4A1-4EA8-8AA8-7AFD4E9FE1B3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Samcman

What a cutie! It could be because he is in a new environment I would wait it out a month to see if he/she settles down plus it’s a baby so that’s probably why it’s more skiddish the best thing you can do now is to just stick your hand in the tank everyday for like 10 minutes and let him smell you so he knows you’re not a threat

Gojira_0429

What a cutie! It could be because he is in a new environment I would wait it out a month to see if he/she settles down plus it’s a baby so that’s probably why it’s more skiddish the best thing you can do now is to just stick your hand in the tank everyday for like 10 minutes and let him smell you so he knows you’re not a threat

good news!!
He actually finally came out and was hiding in a open tunnel and I got his attention with a mealworm and he ate a few and then took off again!! I feel so happy he finally came out but I will def try that next.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He's at least a few months old in my opinion. You can call him an "aberrant" because he has broken bands on his body but not his tail. If the darker areas fade entirely, you could also say he's a "super hypo", or just a hypo if there are 10 or fewer spots left. His tail is getting orange. If it gets more solid orange you could add "carrot tail" but not if it stays exactly this way.

Aliza

Gojira_0429

Wow so he could be quite a few things! Thank you so much for that breakdown I’m hoping he does get some more orange in him!!

Visit our friends