screen enclosure?

adam&nikki

would a crestie do good in a screen enclosure? i would love to give him more room iv filled it with plants and logs so lots of places to hide any ideas?

adam&nikki

ok thats all i was wondering ive had him for every and have found a bigger place for him but it was screen so ill just mist every day and he will be fine then

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
You should be misting every day reguardless if in a screen cage or not. Just quite often in a screen cage you need to mist 2+ times a day, normally 3-4 is most average. Using things like potted plants, mister systems, water falls, and other tricks you can help to keep yout humidity higher.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Another good trick is to cover 2-3 sides with plastic sheeting. This can help retain humidity. There are also several screen cages with 2-3 solid sides on the market, and these work great with cresties.

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
well the nice thing about those zillas, for people with overly humid issues have the bonus of both the top and a small portion of the front being screened. But it is also not overly screened to where you have problems keeping humidity in. Ohio we are humid in the spring to early fall but winter is is seriously dry here, I normally mist times a day in the winter to keep from the humidity dropping to 20% (which it is normal to have a drop, just better it be in the 40-50% range then 20%). You can also turn these into planted vivs also by covering the bottom front portion of the screening off with plexiglass to keep the dirt in. Here is a thread on pangea, you can see some of the forum members there, their setups and a beter idea on the cage. http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32222

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I've been using the insta-cages for my adults and they seem to do okay. I live in IL though and we get pretty humid. I have some issues in the winter and have to spray more then.

Visit our friends