Set up and position

Mikey187

Hi everyone.
So i was just hoping to get a bit of help with my set up as I'm unsure If it's right.

I have a hide in the warm spot on the mat, a moist hide in the cool part and another bit of shade.
My main issue is where to place the thermostat probe and thermometer?

I've set my thermostat to 31 but the thermometer in the hot end is only showing 24.5. The probe is place on the mat and the thermometer is stuck on the glass. In the cool end its at about 21. Humidity currently at 46.

So why is my thermometer only showing 24.5 if my heat mat is at 31?
Are my probe and thermometers in the correct positions?
Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's too late at night for me to do the C to F conversions, so I'll address the general issue. The probe is for the thermostat, right? So the thermostat will be trying to achieve 31 on the ground right where the probe is. The temperature will start to drop dramatically even a few inches above the floor . In addition those round stick-on-the-glass thermometers aren't very accurate. It's likely that 24.5 is a fine air temperature; the 31C preferred temperature is for the floor, not the air. If you want an accurate floor temperature reading you'll need to get a digital thermometer with a probe that you'd place right next to the thermostat probe.
In answer to your first question: place the thermostat probe on the floor on the hot side. Forget about the round thermometer. Either just trust the thermostat or get the type of thermometer I described above.
If anything wasn't clear, just ask more and I'll do my best to answer.

Aliza

Visit our friends