Setup

Silas0526

I used to have hermit crabs, and I am reusing a lot of the stuff. What stuff should I reuse? What should I buy new? I used to feed them the food in the image with freeze dried shrimp mealworms and crickets. Would it work as part of the diet?

Attachments

• 20230522_102103.jpg
    20230522_102103.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I don't think your gecko will like freeze dried food like that but I suppose it will depend on the species and individual. I don't see the harm in trying. What kind of gecko are you getting? What stuff do you have leftover from the crabs?

Krystal10

I used to have hermit crabs, and I am reusing a lot of the stuff. What stuff should I reuse? What should I buy new? I used to feed them the food in the image with freeze dried shrimp mealworms and crickets. Would it work as part of the diet?
No

Silas0526

Welcome to the forum! I don't think your gecko will like freeze dried food like that but I suppose it will depend on the species and individual. I don't see the harm in trying. What kind of gecko are you getting? What stuff do you have leftover from the crabs?
I am getting a crested gecko. Here is the list on stuff I might reuse the following items:

Mist machine
Thermostat
Food bowl
Plant
Moss
Vines
Purifier for fresh water
Distilled water
Spray bottle
Substrate
Brush for cleaning

Krystal10

I am getting a crested gecko. Here is the list on stuff I might reuse the following items:

Mist machine
Thermostat
Food bowl
Plant
Moss
Vines
Purifier for fresh water
Distilled water
Spray bottle
Substrate
Brush for cleaning
Great and yea no insects.