Shipping leos

Rob123

I recently baught a leo and he said he cant ship it due to the fact that where I am the temperatures are 100 F, I heard you can put a cool pack. Do any of you breeders still ship. Please help me out

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
I wouldn't ship in temps that high either. You can add a cold pack but they've usually melted by the time the gecko reaches the destination city. So basically, if it's 70F at the point of departure and and the the hub overnight the gecko is going to be pretty chilly. By the time it's loaded onto the truck for delivery at 6am where it's already 85F the cold pack has usually already melted. The back of the truck is warmer than the outside air, it's basically a big metal oven in the summer time. Even if it's only only 90F by the time they're delivered at 10am if could already be much hotter in the back of the truck. Then you throw in the wild card, the driver comes by while you're in the bathroom and leaves before you can get to the door. He won't come back until the end of his route at 6pm and the gecko has been sitting in the back of a 100F+ oven all day with a hot cool pack and is dead. You have to try to plan for the unexpected and that's why most responsible breeders won't ship with temps that high. It sucks when you live some place hot (we're in the same boat Jun-Aug so I understand) but hopefully you can understand why.

Visit our friends