Hey! I have a 10 gallon tank right now but am going to be quickly getting a 40. Should I get 2 leos? (Both females, of course) Or just stick w/ 1? Will they be stressed in a tank that big? What you think???
Thanks!!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Many people feel all leopard geckos should be kept individually just in case, but I keep mine in small groups and rarely have problems. If you're getting young juveniles, you could start them off in the 10 gallon. If you get them from the same place you can keep them together from the outset, but if they come from different places they will need to be quarantined from each other for at least a month. I think they can do well in a 40 gallon . If you're using mealworms, keep a bowl of them just outside the hide to make it easier for the geckos to find them.

Aliza

Many people feel all leopard geckos should be kept individually just in case, but I keep mine in small groups and rarely have problems. If you're getting young juveniles, you could start them off in the 10 gallon. If you get them from the same place you can keep them together from the outset, but if they come from different places they will need to be quarantined from each other for at least a month. I think they can do well in a 40 gallon . If you're using mealworms, keep a bowl of them just outside the hide to make it easier for the geckos to find them.

Aliza
Awesome! That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm getting them from my work, so I've pretty much watched them grow up and know how they're doing. From what I've seen they're very friendly with eachother and prefer to hang out with either rather than with the other geckos. Hopefully they transition well!!! Thanks for the help!!

Visit our friends