Show Off Your Cages

ehebert

Anzu's crib

2012-11-25_08-57-16_523.jpg
2012-11-25_08-57-58_205.jpg
2012-11-25_08-58-05_962.jpg
2012-11-25_08-58-19_300.jpg

TheRedOx

This will be Gordon's home. I'm working on another terrarium to split him up from his female cagemate Jasmine. They were sold to me by someone as a "mated pair" but I have no plans for breeding and (through this forum) I have learned and realized that they should not be together. I've already witnessed a couple minor scraps at feeding time and I don't want to stress them out anymore than need be. They have apparently lived together for 3 years prior to my taking them over but I know it's not worth the risks. The previous owner made it sound like she's been pregnant a few times already which, I understand, may dramatically shorten her lifespan :( . They'll be separated next week when I get the supplies.
26RL4.jpg

sjt6494

IMAG0083-1_zpsc2f2af49.jpg

This use to be a 75 gallon salt water aquarium that i had setup a while ago i got out of that hobby due to lack of funds so i turned it into a gecko tank....if you have any suggestions please do.

Embrace Calamity

his use to be a 75 gallon salt water aquarium that i had setup a while ago i got out of that hobby due to lack of funds so i turned it into a gecko tank....if you have any suggestions please do.
I see a hide on what's presumably the cool side, but not the warm side. And do you have a humid hide?

~Maggot

Embrace Calamity

thats gonna be on the right side i have yet to make it
Get it in there ASAP. It's important. And it doesn't have to be fancy. You can just use a plastic container with wet paper towels until you can acquire something more natural looking. Other than that, your setup looks fine. Just make sure temps are good and monitored digitally and there's lots of places for them to hide (if you have more than one gecko in there, you should have one hide for each section for each gecko).

~Maggot

Embrace Calamity

yea left side is the warm side...
What are you using to heat the enclosure? Also, 1) analog thermometers are useless. You need digital or a temp gun. 2) Having it up there is useless. It won't give you any idea what the temperatures on the floor of the enclosure are (which is where they should be if the temps are right, but yours sound way too low).

~Maggot

Visit our friends