Show Off Your Cages

sjt6494

ok i just moved it lower and its reading 85
What are you using to heat the enclosure? Also, 1) analog thermometers are useless. You need digital or a temp gun. 2) Having it up there is useless. It won't give you any idea what the temperatures on the floor of the enclosure are (which is where they should be if the temps are right, but yours sound way too low).

~Maggot

Embrace Calamity

ok i just moved it lower and its reading 85
What are you using to heat your enclosure? And 85 for the warm side is too cool. It should be 88-93. Though the thermometer is still probably off, since, as I said, analogs are crap, so it's hard to know what the real temperatures are.

~Maggot

sjt6494

heh i'm just using a 75 watt light...if i wanted to get the temps up high i can use my aquarium lights but then i'd bake them...those are 500 watt MH lights ROFL

Embrace Calamity

kinda over the tree...
Then that's why they're staying there. It's too cold anywhere else, including in their hides. Move the light over to the left and either get a UTH or a stronger bulb. Also get a hide for the warm side and a digital thermometer and/or infrared temp gun so you can know what the temps actually are. The problem with analogs is that they need to be calibrated constantly to be kept accurate - and the ones made for reptile enclosures can't be calibrated.

If I were you, with how big that tank is, I'd get a bunch of hides and put them all around in there so they can move around to different temperatures. For example, I have a 20 gallon long tank, and I have a hide on the warm side (with temps in the low 90's), one in the middle (temps in the low to mid 80's), and one on the cool side (temps in the mid 70's).

~Maggot

TheRedOx

Here's my update after separating the male from the female (whose names are now Simba and Nala I'm told by my 3 year old daughter).
ZO1Tj.jpg

She seems to like her new home...
W5P8S.jpg

sjt6494

OK here is the finished result....If your wondering where the "humid" area is going to be its inside the hide in the lower half...instead of a Plastic container like most have i hollowed out a spot for the moist substrate...also there is another tunnel cut out in the second level...please feel free to make any comments or suggestions.

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

jnelson871

Here is a picture of my first tank. I want to add some vinyl tiles to the rear and maybe sides. Looking to upgrade to a ExoTerra med low tank soon so don't want to cut a 3D background for this tank.

13 - 1.jpeg

jnelson871

Here is my leo's tank. I want to upgrade to a 20 long with front opening doors after tax season. This is a 20 gallon recycled aquarium. UTH under slate on left where my leo uses the log as a warm hide. The gray rock is a moist hide full of moist moss. On the left is the cool hide. I have a dish for water, calcium without D3 and food in the front. Using digital probe thermometers on both sides with the cool side coming in at 73F and the warm side 91F. I used 1/4" thick slate for the substrate and vinyl tiles for the back ground. 13 - 1-2.jpeg

sjt6494

Wow, Very natural looking, and do I detect removable lids to all those hides?

Very nice

yes there are two lvls to that...it took alot to make them..bc the paint i used would eat at the foam...so what i did is i used a acrylic paint as a primer then dusted it with sand when it dried that created a solid surface for the paint to go on...

GexPex

Just redecorated 3 cages today...
The cage belonging to one of my breeding groups of leopard geckos...
gibbs___abby_s__ziva_s__and_kensi_s_updated_cage_by_fuzzybuttbunny-d5v7kme.jpg

The cage belonging to my newest breeding group of leopard geckos...
hank_s__minnie_pearl_s__and_june_s_updated_cage____by_fuzzybuttbunny-d5v7lsm.jpg

And while I'm at it, I might as well show you all the crested gecko cage that I redid today...
the_crested_geckos__cage____by_fuzzybuttbunny-d5v7m5g.jpg

Bloom

hey, this is my gecko and his enclosure + as bonus if you'll look closely you'll see him sitting up on this high root
one time at night i heard something strange and it turned out he fell/jumped from it so i was a bit scared but he seems to be okay :)
DSC_0082.jpg DSC_0075.jpg DSC_0066.jpg

Embrace Calamity

hey, this is my gecko and his enclosure + as bonus if you'll look closely you'll see him sitting up on this high root
one time at night i heard something strange and it turned out he fell/jumped from it so i was a bit scared but he seems to be okay :)
View attachment 56206 View attachment 56207 View attachment 56208
That's a cool setup, but it's not very suitable for a leopard gecko. You really should remove those wood chips. If he accidentally swallowed one, you could be in a world of trouble. What kind of temp gradient do you get with that?

~Maggot

Visit our friends