Sick Of Crickets?

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
So am I!!!!!!! I was actually not enjoying my animals because I hated the crickets so much, the sound and smell were just aweful. So I decided to try Lateralis roaches. I order a bunch from Aaron Pauling, and every single AFT ate them! If you're sick of crickets and you AFTs won't take mealies, Lateralis are the way to go! And Aaron Pauling will take good care of you, I'm not paying much more for my Lateralis than I was paying for crickets!

Dimidiata

Any florida solutions yet? its easy to say "find someone with a native population" but not as easy to do lol.

Last edited:

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I'm telling you guys, these things are perfect for AFTs, and they don't smell. I highly recommend Aaron Pauling if you buy them, he is a friend and produces some quality animals!

fl_orchidslave

Any florida solutions yet? its easy to say "find someone with a native population" but as easy to do lol.

I hear ya Sam! We sure don't want any grief from FFW over feeders. They check our permits at shows but also can show up at the door to inspect at any time, unannounced. If there's ever any citations issued, it stays a part of your permit record.

Native roaches that look like they might be good feeders if captive bred have wings and know how to use them, unlike the polite dubia, that pretty much stays where you house them.

Dimidiata

Ok, Heres a list of some possible roachs native here
Florida wood Roach.- It is unable to fly, doesnt bite and breeds like mad(we would need to figure out HOW to breed them however). One downside is that they can use oil glands to musk.
The Oriental Roach.- Cant fly, doesnt bite. Grows 1". They are one of the dirtiest roaches, would need a big clean up.
The only other one is the Aussy roach, they breed like mad but fly like CRAZY.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
just be cautious with lateralis. I have personally witnessed them infest a house. Up here in the northeast. They are much harder to contain than dubia and are VERY good at surviving. I no longer use them for this reason

Visit our friends