Skinny Leo

Wreptile

HTReptile
I was at the local reptile shop today, not a chain store, but a one man buisness. I go there every week for food and to chat with the owner. I am good friends with him, and love to talk with him.
My problem is though, there is a few of his Leo Breeders who are soo skinny. The whole body is skinny, as well as the tail. I asked him about it a month ago, and he just said because she has been laying so many eggs. I know that Leo's don't get THAT skinny just from laying eggs. Mine have been all season, and they still have nice plump tails.
There are multiple issues with the environment that it is currently in. It lives with three other females in one 10-Gallon tank. The substrate is sand. There is one hide, and no humid hide. He throws crickets and supers in there, but it looks like she is "bullied" by the others and gets nothing to eat most of the time.

I want to ask him if I could take her home and fatten her up, but I don't know what he would say. He knows a LOT about reptiles, just not Leo's. He is a good friend of mine, and it'd be awkward to ask with me being the reptile rookie, and he is the 40+ years of knowledge one.
I don't think this girl will live a few more weeks like this.
I need some suggestions.

Thanks,
Hayden

reptinut

Take that leo home!!! The environment it lives in is less then ideal and if its skinny and less dominant then the others, take it. Or educate the person that owns them

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
You can just start a normal conversation with him, then casually mention that you think this female is being bullied by others and is getting no food; and suggest to him that maybe she'll get fatter if she gets fed separately.

geckofreak24

bahahahahahaha, same here, im thirteen and do the same thing with my petsore owner, iwouldnt say anything just cuz ur so young, he might take it the wring way.

Visit our friends