Skulls

Haligren

is behind you.
I found that site a while back when someone one here was asking for pictures of a leopard gecko's skull. Very, very fascinating site (I find animal anatomy fascinating in particular) and has been invaluable source of visual information for me as an artist. I'd actually like to get a replica (doesn't have to be real as long as it's accurate) set of some animal skulls; wolf, house cat, tiger or lion, owl and leopard gecko in particular....But no body ever gets me them for Christmas or my birthday. *sigh* lol

ajveachster

I did come across some taxidermy places online that have that type of stuff. Some of them were fairly inexpensive $15 or so for some of the small ones.

jermh1

you could look for leopard geco reproductions where the actual gecko is molded and cast. it used to be one of my old hobbies, I did mostly skulls, horns, and antlers, I did do a frozen emu foot once which is the same process for molding a gecko. If one of mine dies Ill definitly mold the poor little guy. but so far no deaths, and im good with that. Im thinking they would make great drawer pulls if I cast in alluminum or bronze. or cast them clear with LEDs inside and use them for christmass lights. O and as for casting in clear acrylic, they would first have to be freeze dried, airbrushed and have glass eyes put in.
here is a guy I got a few specimens from, hes got some gecko skulls
http://www.americanheadhunters.com/reptiles.html

jermh1

o and their skin would preserve just fine, but casting would be the way to go, mounting such a small delicate skin would take some time and skill, not to mention carving the form to put the skin on.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
I do had my first pet turtle's bones. His shell and pieces of legs. Skull? I think raccon took it. I buried his in my backyard and waited 3 month and dug it out and took all remains of my turtle and put it in ziploc bag. That's all I had to keep him to remember him. I think it may be western painted turtle. he had too long nails! He was about 7inches. I mistaken thought he was girl because of his girly nails lol. His name is Lily.

Visit our friends