Sliding screen replacement?

iammyownpicasso

I just picked up a used 20 long terrarium from a friend with a sliding lid....
The screen has some damage to it, and I wad wondering if anyone knew where or if there was a place to get the replacement sliding screen.

Thanks in advance!
Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20140718_12_56_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140718_12_56_07_Pro.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 124
  • WP_20140718_12_56_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140718_12_56_13_Pro.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 131

indyana

Amazon would probably be a good bet? You can find tons of stuff online. If you know the original tank model, it will be easier, but otherwise, you could try to go off measurements.

lisa127

I have one of those types of cages in a 40 breeder. I just bought a normal 40 breeder screen top and set it right on top so it's no longer a sliding screen. It works fine for a lizard, though it wouldn't for a snake as it leaves that gap at the top. I like it because the regular screen tops are sturdy - those sliding ones are flimsy.

iammyownpicasso

I have one of those types of cages in a 40 breeder. I just bought a normal 40 breeder screen top and set it right on top so it's no longer a sliding screen. It works fine for a lizard, though it wouldn't for a snake as it leaves that gap at the top. I like it because the regular screen tops are sturdy - those sliding ones are flimsy.

agreed, the regular tops are definitely better...
And I would be totally down with dealing with the gap.... Except for the fact I have 4 overly curious kitties that would figure out the top comes off......

And personally, (I'm planning on using this tank for a pixie frog) I don't want to see what would happen to my cats if they manage to get into a large frog's enclosure.....m

lisa127

You could use screen clips with a regular top. And honestly, when it comes to cats you even more so need a regular one. Those flimsy sliding ones will break if a cat gets on top of it. The regular ones will not.

iammyownpicasso

You could use screen clips with a regular top. And honestly, when it comes to cats you even more so need a regular one. Those flimsy sliding ones will break if a cat gets on top of it. The regular ones will not.

that's actually a good thought.
I've never had a sliding lid tank before this one, so I had never considered that the top would be more flimsy.

Thanks

DrCarrotTail

It depends on how the screen is set in and what kind of animal you're keeping in there (like if it will try to escape through the screen forcefully or not). If the screen is set in using the same method as window screens then you can pick screen and the mateirals to set it in place at any store that sells hardware, like Home Depot, Lowes or even Walmart. If its clamped or nailed in and you don't need it to be very strong you could just cut out the existing screen with a box cutter or something similar and hot glue screen over or under it. That's how I put screen into bins and tubs for my geckos.

Visit our friends