slow pokes of the goni world

geckomaster

Really, can these guys mature any slower? Anyone had any success in beefing them up quicker. At this rate my hatchlings from last summer may be able to breed by next year. I had the same experience with juveniles I bought before as well. It seems 1 1/2 to 2 years to mature. Just looking to see if anyone has had any luck growing with these guys at a quicker rate?

Thanks!

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Nope their slow. but a year and a half is not bad. I have said 2 -3 years I have a bunch of juvies right now I am raising up I'll let you know. the other goni's I have bred before where all WC so god knows how old they were.

SFgeckos

What is your temperature gradient that you keep them at? I know many people say keep them "cool" but I've never had any issues giving them a warmer gradient, provided they can thermoregulate if needed. I keep all my G. species at 85F warm- cool side is room temperature (upper 60Fs-70s)

Jon

geckomaster

Depending on my residence the gonis have usually been kept in the 70's. Lower in winter and higher in the summer, but my new place I kept them in the 60's during this winter and they are now going to be in the 70's and then low 80's into the summer. Everybody has always done fine, and the breeding season is about to kick off. Everybody else seems to be growing and the araneus, while eating, just are growing really slow. Do you think keeping them in a warmer area or supplementing their heat would give 'em a kick in the butt or am I just being impatient? :disappointed:

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Every one I have talked with suggests they are slower growers, they sure aren't leos. IMO raising their temperature should help speed their metabolize and get them processing their food more quickly which gives you a better turn around on their apatite so you can feed them more often which should help with their growth rate.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Every one I have talked with suggests they are slower growers, they sure aren't leos. IMO raising their temperature should help speed their metabolize and get them processing their food more quickly which gives you a better turn around on their apatite so you can feed them more often which should help with their growth rate.

I couldnt agree more!

Visit our friends