Small Pet Feeders - Am i in the wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

im faster

Should Slow Down
OKay, so i made a cricket order from a supplier, for now will remain nameless.

I ordered 5k crickets.
He said his farm shipped them on the 12/19/2011
After a week of not receiving crickets
I emailed over and over and by 01/03/2012 he stated he shipped out another 5k i still have received nothing.
He did stay in Contact. Answering virtually every email.

He states he uses a small family farm that USPS and doesn't have the ability to provide tracking number. (ANYONE can add delivery conformation to ANY USPS shipment.)

I just filed a claim with paypal for a refund. (you only have 30 days to do this from purchase date so i wanted to start it before time ran out)
in his reply to the dispute

"
It is our belief, as well as our cricket farm's management staff, that the Buyer did receive at least one shipment, if not both, and is now playing the Paypal system to his advantage, knowing a Delivery Confirmation number would not be available for his LIVE shipment, and now seeks to get not one, but two free shipments of crickets. Please adjudicate this matter. Thank you.
"

^^^^ that really bothered me. I'm not going to put my businesses reputation on the line for $100.00 worth of crickets.

1. Would ANYONE here shipping a order like this and NOT use Delivery conformation?

2. Do you think that I'm in the wrong here for asking for a refund?

Any comments are welcome, Don't worry about hurting my feelings if I am in the wrong i want to know.

Last edited:

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
You are definitely not in the wrong. I don't really see it hurting your business reputation unless this guy has some major PR connections and goes all out over $100. Especially with a live shipment, I couldn't imagine not getting a tracking number.

Small Pet Feeders

OKay, so i made a cricket order from a supplier, for now will remain nameless.

I ordered 5k crickets.
He said his farm shipped them on the 12/19/2011
After a week of not receiving crickets
I emailed over and over and by 01/03/2012 he stated he shipped out another 5k i still have received nothing.
He did stay in Contact. Answering virtually every email.

He states he uses a small family farm that USPS and doesn't have the ability to provide tracking number. (ANYONE can add delivery conformation to ANY USPS shipment.)

I just filed a claim with paypal for a refund. (you only have 30 days to do this from purchase date so i wanted to start it before time ran out)
in his reply to the dispute

""

^^^^ that really bothered me. I'm not going to put my businesses reputation on the line for $100.00 worth of crickets.

1. Would ANYONE here shipping a order like this and NOT use Delivery conformation?

2. Do you think that I'm in the wrong here for asking for a refund?

Any comments are welcome, Don't worry about hurting my feelings if I am in the wrong i want to know.

He sounds like a crook.

To be honest, if I was a "crook", I wouldn't have stayed in close contact with Dennis. Dennis is not being completely upfront with all the information.

We shipped him 5000 crickets with a previous order in November. He received them safely, and was aware of us not being able to supply USPS tracking information for our cricket/superworm orders as we do use a small family farm that has older postal equipment, which is in the process of being updated. Our farm brings the orders directly down to the post office with a small 2"x3" postal stamp affixed to the top, that's it. It's because of this that we are able to beat most companies shipping rates for these orders, another fact Dennis knew.

We offer Tracking information with all our other orders that are shipped Fedex, but as the crickets and superworms are shipped by a 3rd party small farm via USPS, it makes obtaining tracking information for these packages difficult as our farmers really live in a pre-internet era and didn't understand, nor require previously, the need for Tracking Information on their shipments. It's because of this that we're working with them to get this changed so that we can avoid issues like this in the future.

We, nor our farm, have ever had an issue with this size of an order just simply not showing up, let alone not showing up twice on the same order. It's because of this, and the buyer's attempts to obtain excessive discounts from us previously under the flag of a matching a competitor's rates without an invoice to prove the claim, that we find the whole situation suspicious of Magical Geckos trying to capitalize on knowing we didn't and couldn't supply tracking information on cricket orders and of having quite possibly received one or both of the orders shipped out for them while also petitioning Paypal for a refund. I also find it odd that he asks everyone if he's "in the wrong" for there being no delivery confirmation on the package and asking for a refund on such, and not for not receiving his order and asking for a refund. This in itself points to him not receiving his order as ever being an issue, and that he is in fact asking for a refund because there was no tracking information on the packages, packages I believe he received.

I'm an honest person, and have worked with several on this forum, including the owner Kelli. We always replace DOA orders, and stay in constant close contact with all our clients. To judge my company and I as a "crook" based on this sole situation, would be extremely prejudicial and untrue. We hope you all can look at this from our point of view, knowing we stayed in close contact with Dennis and never avoided him, and see that we've been honest and forthcoming this whole time, and will continue to in the future, while having Tracking Information to prove against any nasty accusations such as these that hopefully will never arise.

Last edited:

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
If I ever decide to buy anything online I will always check the websites' or companies' rating and reviews.
@ ImFaster You have my sympathy getting so many bad orders( the unhealthy geckos and now this). That is 2 bad orders too many!

@Small Pet Feeders Maybe there was something wrong in the shipping process?

Small Pet Feeders

@Small Pet Feeders Maybe there was something wrong in the shipping process?

It is possible. That is why we shipped out the replacement order on 1/3/2012 and gave him the benefit of the doubt, as I don't feel honest client's should have to pay for not-so-honest transgressions dishonest customers will sometimes pull. Then when he said they never showed up a second time, keeping in mind this is 5000 crickets and not a simple 1000 cricket order, we had to take into account that we've never had an order just simply not show up before and now Magical Geckos is telling us that two shipments on the same order never showed up. We then also started reviewing previous conversations where we've asked Dennis to prove his claims of paying lower prices elsewhere, and wanting us to match it, by supplying an invoice, none of which he was able to provide, and later dropped the issue in lieu of purchasing crickets at our set price.

Let me ask you, if you were able to get crickets elsewhere for cheaper, and were currently, and that price was a big issue for you enough to ask another company to match it, would you then drop the petition for a lower price and buy crickets from that company for their regular price? I know I wouldn't. It's very suspicious of him being dishonest about ever paying the asked for rate. So then I have to figure, what's to stop him from being dishonest now?

Now you have my full perspective on this situation. It's really unfortunate, especially if Dennis is being honest about never receiving his shipments, but unfortunate for really everyone involved. Especially since this is the first time we've ever heard anything negative about our company's service.

animeavatar

I <3 Mu Mu!!
Maybe the wrong address? What species of crickets are you selling( out of curiosity)?

It would depend on who was selling them, the quality of the crickets and what price they were asking for.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
To be honest, if I was a "crook", I wouldn't have stayed in close contact with Dennis. Dennis is not being completely upfront with all the information.

We shipped him 5000 crickets with a previous order in November. He received them safely, and was aware of us not being able to supply USPS tracking information for our cricket/superworm orders as we do use a small family farm that has older postal equipment, which is in the process of being updated. Our farm brings the orders directly down to the post office with a small 2"x3" postal stamp affixed to the top, that's it. It's because of this that we are able to beat most companies shipping rates for these orders, another fact Dennis knew.

We offer Tracking information with all our other orders that are shipped Fedex, but as the crickets and superworms are shipped by a 3rd party small farm via USPS, it makes obtaining tracking information for these packages difficult as our farmers really live in a pre-internet era and didn't understand, nor require previously, the need for Tracking Information on their shipments. It's because of this that we're working with them to get this changed so that we can avoid issues like this in the future.

We, nor our farm, have ever had an issue with this size of an order just simply not showing up, let alone not showing up twice on the same order. It's because of this, and the buyer's attempts to obtain excessive discounts from us previously under the flag of a matching a competitor's rates without an invoice to prove the claim, that we find the whole situation suspicious of Magical Geckos trying to capitalize on knowing we didn't and couldn't supply tracking information on cricket orders and of having quite possibly received one or both of the orders shipped out for them while also petitioning Paypal for a refund. I also find it odd that he asks everyone if he's "in the wrong" for there being no delivery confirmation on the package and asking for a refund on such, and not for not receiving his order and asking for a refund. This in itself points to him not receiving his order as ever being an issue, and that he is in fact asking for a refund because there was no tracking information on the packages, packages I believe he received.

I'm an honest person, and have worked with several on this forum, including the owner Kelli. We always replace DOA orders, and stay in constant close contact with all our clients. To judge my company and I as a "crook" based on this sole situation, would be extremely prejudicial and untrue. We hope you all can look at this from our point of view, knowing we stayed in close contact with Dennis and never avoided him, and see that we've been honest and forthcoming this whole time, and will continue to in the future, while having Tracking Information to prove against any nasty accusations such as these that hopefully will never arise.

I apologize.

stager

Is UPS leaving on the door step? I used ups twice a week for many years (not gecko related) and the only package I never recieved and neighbor for ripped open and threwn in the bushes, probably some neighborhood kids. Small pet feeder there should be a why to check with ups they log everything even if it isn't signed for.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
I'm in the retail/pet business.
I shouldnt have posted what I did without hearing both stories.

im faster

Should Slow Down
buyer's attempts to obtain excessive discounts from us previously under the flag of a matching a competitor's rates without an invoice to prove the claim, that we find the whole situation suspicious of Magical Geckos trying to capitalize on knowing we didn't and couldn't supply tracking information on cricket orders and of having quite possibly received one or both of the orders shipped out for them while also petitioning Paypal for a refund..
Okay first, YOU contacted me.
I told you what i was willing to pay you!
YOU ALSO DID NOT ASK FOR A COMPETITORS INVOICE

Why would i pay and deal with shipping when i could get them cheaper than what you were asking originally locally?

You wanted to know what it would take for me to buy from you!
At one point the price i offered was not enough and i was not willing to sign a one year contract we were done.
THEN YOU contacted me again!

Im still paying YOU MORE THAN IF I ORDERED FROM GHANNS which you claim there crickets dont live very long

I also find it odd that he asks everyone if he's "in the wrong" for there being no delivery confirmation on the package and asking for a refund on such, and not for not receiving his order and asking for a refund. This in itself points to him not receiving his order as ever being an issue, and that he is in fact asking for a refund because there was no tracking information on the packages, packages I believe he received

Yes i asked if im in the wrong because i was trying to be tactful.
I was asking if i was in the wrong for asking for a refund instead of waiting for crickets.

Let me ask you, if you were able to get crickets elsewhere for cheaper, and were currently, and that price was a big issue for you enough to ask another company to match it, would you then drop the petition for a lower price and buy crickets from that company for their regular price? I know I wouldn't. It's very suspicious of him being dishonest about ever paying the asked for rate. So then I have to figure, what's to stop him from being dishonest now?

Now you have my full perspective on this situation. It's really unfortunate, especially if Dennis is being honest about never receiving his shipments, but unfortunate for really everyone involved. Especially since this is the first time we've ever heard anything negative about our company's service.
AGAIN I DID NOT ask you to match YOU offered!

i have never been dishonest about anything dealing with you.

im faster

Should Slow Down
Is UPS leaving on the door step? I used ups twice a week for many years (not gecko related) and the only package I never recieved and neighbor for ripped open and threwn in the bushes, probably some neighborhood kids. Small pet feeder there should be a why to check with ups they log everything even if it isn't signed for.

This is USPS the post office not ups.

They do leave at the door but its inside a secured apartment complex and im home during the day.

and I did call the post office. and they said they have not had any crickets come through lately.

Small Pet Feeders

We ship our crickets and superworm order of 1000 or more through USPS Priority to save our clients on shipping, as they are usually cheaper than both UPS and Fedex.

I already looked into a way to prove the shipment without the tracking number, and that hit a brick wall as our farm is, as I said, living in another era, and they simply pay for their items as a batch order, without anything distinguishing one shipment from the next in their USPS records.

Maybe the wrong address? What species of crickets are you selling( out of curiosity)?

It would depend on who was selling them, the quality of the crickets and what price they were asking for.

I verified the address with both Dennis and our farm, they were shipped to the correct address, the same address we shipped the package to that Dennis received without an issue.

We offer both the House cricket and the Black cricket. House crickets are shipped with our "USPS Priority" shipping method, and Black crickets are shipped out with the "Fedex" shipping method. The House crickets are definitely of higher quality as they come from the small farm and they grow their crickets at a lower temp and a slower rate, producing a more durable cricket than what it offered by other companies. The house crickets are safer for your pet as well as no doubt you've heard of the aggressive tendencies of black crickets. Black crickets are safe as long as you don't put an excessive amount of crickets into your animal's cage, which end up swarming your animal before they have the chance to eat them.

I'm in the retail/pet business.
I shouldnt have posted what I did without hearing both stories.

I appreciate the apology, I was kind of taken back by being called a crook, as I've always been very forthcoming with everyone I work with. It can be easy to get swept up in the words of an angry customer, I know.

Small Pet Feeders

Dennis, you've repeatedly referred to Ghann's cricket farm when referencing prices. Comparing our virus-free House Crickets to Black Crickets is comparing apples and oranges. And if you never asked for a price reduction and I never asked for an invoice, why would you tell me what you were paying at Ghann's? If you need to see the emails of you saying "I'm paying $67.50 with Ghann's, if you can match that I'll buy from you." and me replying that the price I was giving you was the lowest I could go and any price matching would require a competitor's invoice, I'd be happy to refresh your memory. Please be honest with this, as if you are truly in the right about this, you shouldn't need to cloud the air with half truths and dishonest claims.

im faster

Should Slow Down
Dennis, you've repeatedly referred to Ghann's cricket farm when referencing prices. Comparing our virus-free House Crickets to Black Crickets is comparing apples and oranges. And if you never asked for a price reduction and I never asked for an invoice, why would you tell me what you were paying at Ghann's? If you need to see the emails of you saying "I'm paying $67.50 with Ghann's, if you can match that I'll buy from you." and me replying that the price I was giving you was the lowest I could go and any price matching would require a competitor's invoice, I'd be happy to refresh your memory. Please be honest with this, as if you are truly in the right about this, you shouldn't need to cloud the air with half truths and dishonest claims.

I understand you believe your crickets are better. thats irreverent, im saying i can buy from them for a lower price. we are talking prices not quality (which many here use ghanns with NO issues. ghanns also supplies brown crickets just as you.)

because i told you what i was paying and willing to pay.

what am i giving half truths and dishonest claims about.

Im starting to get pissed now.

This is not my fault. how do i even know crickets were shipped.
you said the people are using out of date technology what if they never shipped them. You have no proof they are not being dishonest to you.

I can CLAIM i shipped you a gecko yesterday. If i dont have ANY proof then im in the same boat as you are.

im faster

Should Slow Down
aslo the first time you attempted to ship

YOU FORGOT MY ORDER COMPLETELY!

Hey Dennis,

I got a call from the cricket farm this morning, and with your order not run through our website, I accidentally overlooked you when I was making my calls. The farm fixed their heating system last week, and when they came back this morning to check the ¾”-1” cricket room, they got blasted with a plume of cooked cricket smelling hot air. Turns out the heater didn’t cut off, at all, the whole weekend, lol killing their whole damn adult stock. The replacements will be ready definitely Wednesday or Thursday to ship out. They apologized repeatedly, but sometimes these things happen with farms. If you’d like a refund, I’d be willing to do so, but otherwise we’ll have you all set towards the middle of the week.

Let me know what you’d like me to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends