Smell and sight

Sydmil

Hello everyone !

I'm a novice leopard gecko owner and there is something I don't seem to find a straight answer to, so I though I'd ask here:

My gecko's sight and sense of smell seem to be very poor. When I hand feed her, she is really confused and often cannot differentiate between shadows and the real thing. She gets it, eventually. But if she drops it, she knows she dropped it, she lowers her head and tries to look for it, maybe for 3 seconds and then, even if it is 1 inch away from her, she stops looking for it. Is this normal ?
When I feed her crickets, she gets them, but it takes her a long time to get one.

Thank you for any info !
Cheers!

BLUSH50

Hello everyone !

I'm a novice leopard gecko owner and there is something I don't seem to find a straight answer to, so I though I'd ask here:

My gecko's sight and sense of smell seem to be very poor. When I hand feed her, she is really confused and often cannot differentiate between shadows and the real thing. She gets it, eventually. But if she drops it, she knows she dropped it, she lowers her head and tries to look for it, maybe for 3 seconds and then, even if it is 1 inch away from her, she stops looking for it. Is this normal ?
When I feed her crickets, she gets them, but it takes her a long time to get one.

Thank you for any info !
Cheers!
Hi

How long has this been going on?
How long have you owned her?
Do you feed with lights on or off?
Does the same thing occur if you feed in the dark?
What bulbs are you using?
What supplements do you dust with(please be specific)?
How often do you use supplements?
What insects do you feed?
What do you feed your insects?
Temperatures in the enclosure?
Humidity in the enclosure?
What type of hydrometer are you using to read the humidity?
What type of thermometer do you use to read temps?
What type of substrate?
How do you provide heat?
Does she have a humidity hide?
Do you use any bulbs at night?
How long do you leave her out of the enclosure?

Picture of your gecko and of her enclosure will also be helpful.

Visit our friends