Smooth knob tail breeding

Terrain_pull up

I haven't found much information online about knob tail breeding techniques as compared to leos..lol I've been raising up a pair of n.delani for the last couple years and I think this year I will try to breed them. I've read that Delani care is pretty much identical to Levi which has been the model I've been using to care for them up to know. I'm assuming that breeding techniques used for Levi then should also work with my Delani...lol...hopefully. The problem is I can't find any detailed information on the process. Most of the info I've read or watched comes from Australia and obviously their seasons are the opposite of ours.

It sounds like typically brumation would be the last couple months of fall (November, December for North America) and then start raising temps and feeding again in January and start introducing males late Jan and early Feb. Is this how the Levi breeders over here do it? I'd love to hear some brumation, breeding time tables for levi's that people are using over here if any one is willing to share.

Also, I read on some other forums that people don't ever brumate their animals the first year breeding and just introduce them. Does any one else do this with their knobbies?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Visit our friends