So it's ok to put Repti carpet in the washing machine?

Latlaw

I've been throwing mine away and replacing it after a few weeks and I'd like to try cleaning it instead. Is it safe to run thru the washer and dryer? Maybe with a double rinse to make sure the detergent is removed?

_Sam_

I wouldn't. Just wash it in the sink with very hot water and a scrub brush or something. I wouldnt use any soaps or chemicals, but thats just me .

Olimpia

La Española
I don't know, I'm not sure it would survive lol. Yea, it seems like it might be safe for everyone to just wash it in the sink. I would, however, use a gentle soap like Dawn or something. Rinse well and let it dry in the sun.

snakegirl

i use them all the time, they shrink after a few washes...But i still use them. Wash and drier. but you will have to replace them Often if you want it to keep its Shinny New look.

LizMarie

I used to throw mine in the washer all the time with detergent.. But a mild detergent and just put a little pinch with a lot of water then I would hang it to driy.. I did it for years without any problems.

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
When we used rept-carpet, we used the washer and dryer without any problems. We used a tiny bit of mild organic detergent and a splash of vinegar to nullify any odors. They will definitely shrink over time.

Visit our friends