So Much For Limiting My Diversity

EverEvolvingExotics

I ended up not being able to go home alone from this weekends Tucson Reptile Show. I brought home a custom ZooMed enclosure, 2 Dendrobates Auratus (Green & Bronze Dart Frogs), and a culture of fruit flies from Wendi Heffner aka Frogs with Altitude. I've met with her last year, she was very friendly and knowledgeable. I ended up selling a couple of my Crested Geckos while walking around the show to a friend and the cash was just too much to have in my wallet so I had to spend it of course, haha. I've looked into Dart Frogs in the past and was always fascinated by them. I've never kept much as far as frogs go so this will a little bit of a learning curve. I ended up getting a hardy species, I feel more than confident that they will get great care. The only thing I may end up doing is putting some hydro balls at the bottom of the enclosure. I'll need to do a bit of research before changing anything. Wendi has had great success with her enclosures set up like this. Enough rambling, here are the pictures I managed to take. It's great to have a little display setup next to my desktop. I might just end up starring at them more than the computer screen.

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

Embrace Calamity

No doubt, definitely a worthwhile purchase! I don't know anything about dart frogs so I can't give you any advice, but they're awesome anyway. XD

~Maggot

EverEvolvingExotics

Thanks! I've added a few more things in their enclosure to provide some more hide spots. Their first feeding just happened and I have to say it's a hilarious experience to witness.

EverEvolvingExotics

They don't really to seem like a difficult species to take care of as long as you have the enclosure setup well. I was fortunate to have the breeder make the enclosure so I didn't have to worry much about it failing.

Visit our friends