some day

S

silentjohn

Knobs are cool, some day I am going to get some. Anybody here keep/breed them?

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I breed them, John. I have eggs incubating now, and one available male. Let me know when you're ready... my daughter and family live in Fresno and I can deliver! ;)

KelliH

I love my knobbies! My favorites are the Nephrurus amyae. They get really big and have a big personality. Plus they growl like little bulldogs LOL.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Hehe, I am getting my levis levis from Marcia, next week! :) I am building up pairs this year, so next year I will be into breeding them :)

S

silentjohn

Golden Gate Geckos said:
I breed them, John. I have eggs incubating now, and one available male. Let me know when you're ready... my daughter and family live in Fresno and I can deliver! ;)
Ooooooh maaaaaaaannnnnnn........I did not need to know that. I need to decide if that makes me :D or :( . Getting into geckos needs to be prohibitively more difficult than my aquiring of snakes, otherwise I won't be able to control myself. where's that straight jacket smilie?

Being able to make arrangements to sell/buy animals in person is a big bonus. Especially when a lot of times it costs the same to have something shipped, whether it's from 200 miles away or Florida. So i'll keep that in mind.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
KelliH said:
I love my knobbies! My favorites are the Nephrurus amyae. They get really big and have a big personality. Plus they growl like little bulldogs LOL.

Awww they sound cool! What do those buggers run?

S

StormGecko

What are the basic requirements for these guys? Temps, humidity, substrate? I hear they can sometimes be picky eaters and strongly prefer crickets over mealworms. Is this true?

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Storm) From what I understand, yes. They strongly perfer crickets over worms (darn! lol ). Set up is much like the wonder geckos aka frog eyeds. I guess they like a deep area of sand, which you keep slightly moist to help strutcture tunnels. The other end has a less amounts of sand, and that is where the hot spot sits.

Most people put them on a filtered sand. Yes, SAND. Lol. I am using a brand called reptilite. It's expensive, but they are small and round pieces of sand, and there is practically NO dust. I love it!

Temps I believe are around 90-95 on the hot spot, am I right Marcia?

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
420Geckos said:
Awww they sound cool! What do those buggers run?

Ayame pairs run about 2500+ However, if you just want a pet, single males go for like 400-500, which isn't too bad. It's the ladies that make it expensive ;)

However Levis Levis pairs run around 700-800. :) Hope this helps ya.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Yowza that's quite a bit for a pair! I wasn't really thinking of breeding so it's all good. If anybody wants a good source of info on Aussie geckos go to The Geckophile forum. There's a lot of people who keep them on there.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I house my N l. levis on packable sand (Jurassic Sand) in sweater boxes on my racks, with a cool moist side and a warm dry side. The cooler moist side is about 2-3" deep, while the warm dry side side is only about 1/2". They like to burrow in the moist deep side, and hide in inverted plastic bowls with a doorway cut into them... and will actually barricade themselves in by digging and closing up the doorway with sand. I mist the moist side and under their hide about 3 times a week, keeping the sand just moist enough to pack for them to dig elaborate tunnels.

I feed them mainly crickets about 3 times a week, but I do have a couple that will take worms by hand or tongs. I dust with calcium every 2-3 feedings and vitamins every 10 days or so. They very are easy to care for!

Visit our friends