Something went wrong — heat question

Hi everyone.

I have a 1 year old (and three months) leopard gecko. He lives in a 25 gallon and I use two domes, one for a CHE and on a dimming thermostat, and the other, a nano UVB (I also provide the appropriate calcium with and without D3). He's been doing good, but this morning I woke up and both domes and lights won't work. I'm set to leave town on Saturday and in my town, I don't have a way to get back up heating for him. I do have a spare heat mat. Will this be suitable for him until I get back? I have someone watching him and providing food and water, and I'll be gone for 9 days. I plan to order a new set up online, and am open to recommendations. Mostly, I'm wondering if he'll be OK with just a heat mat until I return or the new set up gets here?

Thank you in advance!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Most people use just a heat mat for leopard geckos. Sometimes the overhead light plus the CHE can really dry out the air and dehydrate the gecko. The most important thing is that you have a thermostat for the heat mat, which you can probably get at at pet store. Consider keeping the heat mat as the source of heat even after you come back.

Aliza

Visit our friends