Spotty, i miss you =(

Rosalie Spot

i had my first leopard gecko for 5 years. I grew up with him, i got him when i was 8. This febuary, he died, with me saying over and over, "I love you Spotty, I love you."

The day he died, i knew he was going the morning i woke up. He'd been sick for awhile, and we'd been doing everything to get him back to help. We force fed him and tried as hard as we could to get him back. I spent so much time caring for him, gently giving him food and water.

When i came over to talk to him, like i do to all my pets, i started to cry. He twitched and rolled over once, roughly.

My dad owns a boat. I decided i would go with him, and bring Spotty along, just to make it one of his best days ever. Thankfully it was a hot day. He died on the boat, and i cried until had no more tears. I cried for hours. I'm crying right now, and he died in Febuary.

Spotty, i know i promised that you would be my only gecko. I broke that promise and i'm sorry, and i love Rosalie just as much. None of my love has decreased for you. I wish i could see you again, all i have is an ipod video of you, drinking, a few nights before you went. I was so happy that you were getting better. You went downhill fast.

This is my fault, i should've known what to do better. I love you, baby.

You'll always be my little baby boy, Spot. I love you. You're in my heart. <3

Last edited:

rubym

I am sorry for the loss of your beloved little one. Sometimes no matter how hard we try....there is nothing we can do to save them. You did everything in your power to help him. I hope you and your Rosaslie have many wonderful years together and u always have the wonderful memories of your spot too. Best wishes!!!

Spots

I said the same thing...I kept blaming myself but if you did everything you could...then it just wasn't in your power to save the little guy.

I watch the video of my baby (...named Spots...lol) catching crickets as a baby all the time. It makes me sad but then happy again to be able to see her even if it's through a computer screen.

Also, don't think of it as breaking your promise. Think of it as because of Spotty, you now cannot live without a gecko. :) He brought so much joy into your life that it's changed your perspective of what you want/need in your life.

Visit our friends