Spraying substrate

SassyAbi

Hi all, just a question thats been bugging me but i read online in a few places and they said you should spray your substrate daily (in my case paper towels) and to never let it dry out. Do people do this? Because i spray mine but it dries out by late afternoon and even faster on warm side!

Help please
Abi

got spots?

leo lover
eh as long as mositure is building on the top your okay. But if it dries out that quick I would either spray it more, or more often.
yes you need to do it everyday

MichaelJ

CelebrityGeckos.Com
You do not need to spray your substrate at all. Substrate is the ground covering for the entire enclosure. Moist paper towels should only be provided in a humid hide. As long as you provide a humid hide on the cool side of the leo's enclosure, that's all they need.

The humid hide should contain moist cocoa fiber or moist paper towels, and should be misted every other day to maintain humidity. Moist = saturate with water and squeeze excess water out.

Hope that helps!

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Have to agree with Michael, the only bit of your enclosure that should be moist is the moist hide, other then that, substrate may it be coco fibre, paper towels, or even newspaper, should be dry.

SassyAbi

Ok thanks guys thats good to know, the spaying was becoming tedious because it kept drying out. So now i can stop spraying

Visit our friends