starting out

phelsuma92

I am planning on getting a pair of my first santanics and was wondering if any one had any tips. I would greatly appriciate it.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Do lots and lots of research. Read pretty much every thread on GU and the Repashy forum. PM or email Uroplatus keepers and get advice from them. What is your past experience with Uroplatus, or if the answer is none, then what is your past experience with geckos?

phelsuma92

I used to breed leopard geckos and cresteds but when I went off to college I couldn't take them with me so I sold what I had. Now I have a place were I am able able to have geckos again. I have always loved the satanics and thought that would be a good place to start.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Uroplatus in general are an advanced genus to keep, and phants are one of the most fragile. Better Uroplatus to start with would be U. Henkeli or U. Guentheri. Guentheri are pretty uncommon, but henkeli should be possible to find. Also, do keep in mind that phantasticus is no longer imported, so we are working with what is already in country. So I'd urge you to have your imformation figured out and do your best to reproduce them if you still decide on phants.

Visit our friends