Steve Sykes of Geckos Etc. Herpetoculture hatches first ever "Caramel Snow" AFT.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Steve Sykes has hatched the first "Caramel Snow" African Fat-Tail. Doesn't look like I quite imagined, but it's still an awesome animal! I think the AFT market is just starting to explode! Pictures can be found on his facebook page.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I am not very up to date on Fatty morphs but is a snow the same as a white out? If so then Jeff (JMG) created a White Out Caramel last year. If not then I would like to see and know more about the snow so I can be more educated on fatties.

SteveGeckosEtc

Thanks for posting this here David! Yes we hatched a Caramel Oreo, a double recessive morph using Caramel Albino and Oreo (a bloodline of axanthic). This would be the same thing as a "Caramel Snow". "Snow" is totally different in leopard geckos than it is in other species, such as hognose snakes, ball pythons, boas, corn snakes, and others. In those snake species "snow" refers to a combination morph that uses an albino (amelanistic) strain and anerytheristic (or axanthic) strain. So our gecko would be a Caramel Snow Fat Tail Gecko, using the "snow" term to refer to it being a combination of an albino strain and Axanthic (Oreo)

Here are the photos that we posted on our website and Facebook page:

Oreo and Caramel Oreo
Caramel%20Oreo%20and%20Oreo%20cropped_600.jpg

Oreo, Caramel Oreo, and Caramel Albino (top to bottom)
Caramel%20oreo,%20caramel,%20and%20oreo%20cropped_600.jpg

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Actually it was a Caramel Oreo fattail that he hatched out.
You are correct. A Caramel Oreo, I call them Caramel Snows, because in the Balls a Caramel Axanthic is a Caramel Snow.
I am not very up to date on Fatty morphs but is a snow the same as a white out? If so then Jeff (JMG) created a White Out Caramel last year. If not then I would like to see and know more about the snow so I can be more educated on fatties.

No, a typical snow is an Anery or Axanthic to an Amel or Albino. These are usually double recessive designer morphs. As where a Whiteout is a co-dominant base morph. A Caramel Whiteout is a designer morph combo where the recessive gene (Caramel) is bred into the co-dominant gene (Whiteout)

Visit our friends